Chapter Forty-Two

"Mac hurry up, it's seven-thirty" I yell from the kitchen. I had to meet up with Nat, Matt, and Nash this morning for breakfast at nine. I don't want her to be late and I don't want to be late either. "Blair can you shut the fuck up? It's seven-thirty" I heard Jj yell from his room, I chuckle a little and yell back a sorry as a joke.

Mac came prancing down the stairs all smiling and giddy. I raise my brow "it's morning time, and you're in a good mood? What's going on?" I ask. She shrugs "i don't know, I'm just happy" she tells me, smiling before walking out the front door. What a weirdo.

"I'm going out with Nat and the boys today, but I'll be done in time to pick you up" i tell her, pulling out the drive way and drive towards her school. "Don't worry, Tegan said he'd take me home. He wants to go to the library after school to study" she says, making me turn and give her a look.

"Ahhh so this boy, he's making you all smiley and giddy. Makes sense" i tease her, making her skin turn red. "I guess, he's cool or whatever" she says shrugging, trying to play it off. "Have you talked to Hayes?" I ask, out of curiosity.

"nope, he's busy with football and whatever back in North Carolina for awhile" she tells me, staring out the window. Her smile had dropped making me feel bad; "I'm sorry, i was just curious" I apologize. She gives me a half smile as I pull up in front of her school "it's fine, don't worry. I'll see you at home later" she tells me closing the car door and walking off.

I pull out of the school parking lot, and to the coffee shop to meet up with Nat and the boys now. When I got there they were already there waiting for me to show up; Going into the shop I walk up to the counter and order a ice caramel coffee before going to sit down with them.

"Hello" I sigh, finally falling into the couch. "It's about time, it's already after nine" Nat said, nudging my side; I laugh rolling my eyes "traffic is heavy here twenty-four seven, my bad" I told them, rolling my eyes.

"Nash, I have a quick question" I mention, making him look up from sipping his coffee. "Well what is it?" He asks me, "do you know when Hayes will be here?" I ask, secretly hoping he'd be here sometime closer in the future.

I can tell Mac misses him a lot, and it's hard for her. He nodded "he should be here by next month, why?" "I don't like the new boy Mac is around I don't want to tell her that, but if Hayes is here I know they'd reconnect. I know my sister, she misses him a lot" i tell him.

"I'll ask him to give her a call, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who got a bad vibe from him" Nash said, sounding extremely relieved. I nodded "I think we all get the creeps from him, he looks evil. I don't like it, but I'm not going to force my little already struggling sister to get rid of her only friend just because we're paranoid" I tell him, trying to make some kind of sense.

As much as I'd love to tell Mac to stay away from him, I can't. It would devastate her and only push her closer to him. I know how teenage girls work, just telling her would not work out the way anyone would hope. Although if I gave her alternatives to keeping him away it might work, so hopefully it does.

The waitress brought me my coffee, I smile and thank her before turning back to my friends. "The look he gave me sent chills down my spine, I just hope nothing happens to Mac let alone any of us" I sigh, taking a sip of my drink while the rest of the group agreed with me.

My phone shortly rang, checking my phone I see it was Jack. I quickly answer it and step away from the group. "Hello" i say quickly into the phone. "Blair hey did you take Mac to school?" He asked, sounding like he was in a panic. I quickly got worried his tone causing my anxiety levels to go up "yes like almost an hour ago, why what's wrong?" I ask, sounding more panicked than he did.