15 - Return

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: NOT EDITED

"Carter?"

That was the first thing I heard before my eyes opened slowly. A bright light welcomed me back to the world, making me squint softly to see where I was. At first I didn't recognize it, but then it dawned on me that I was at the animal clinic with Deaton looking down at me. I tried to form words but nothing came out of my mouth.

"Carter, can you hear me?" Deaton asked me.

"Y-Yeah," I croaked out in pain, "Am I at the animal clinic?"

"Yes," Deaton answered simply.

"What happened?" I asked the second question that came to my head, "Did I really die?"

"Sadly yes," Deaton explained, "After you died someone brought your body to the clinic, but I can't figure out who did. But that's not the main concern at the moment."

"Then what is?"

"How are you alive?" Deaton asked, "There is no way you should be talking to me now. Tell me everything-"

Before I could open my mouth to explain what happened, a loud noise came to my ears, making me wince out in pain. I slammed my hands over my ears in attempt to drown out the sound and when it finally went away I looked up to see someone that I was surprised to see.

"Malia?"

Tears were running down her face, her face contorted in confusion and shock when she looked at me. I couldn't say anything, the only thing that I could do was stare back in attempt to say that I'm truly fine. But that didn't sit well with Malia apparently because she ran to me, engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Carter, what the hell?!" Malia cried loudly, "I thought you were dead!"

"I was," I chuckled nervously.

"How?" Malia asked, swallowing hard, "How are you alive?"

"That's what we're trying to figure out," Deaton said, coming up from behind us, "Where's Scott and Stiles? They need to be here so Carter wouldn't have to repeat his story twice."

I looked at Malia who shrugged, "I'm not on speaking terms with Stiles and Scott after everything we went through."

"What happened?" I frowned, glancing between Deaton and Malia.

"Your brother," Malia pointed out, "He locked me in a room with some kind of cannibal monster called a wendigo."

"He did not," I felt anger rise up my body, "Theo did that to you? What the hell is wrong with him-"

"Carter, calm down," Deaton warned, glancing at my rising chest.

I didn't even realize that my heart rate was picking up quickly and Malia was the first to detect it. I watched her walk over to me, placing her hand on my shoulder, instantly making me calm down. Both of our eyes widened when we realized what just happened, Malia was my anchor as I was hers.

"What just happened?" I looked at both of them with confusion, "What? Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Y-Your eyes," Deaton cleared his throat, "They were glowing."

"That's what Allison meant," I muttered under my breath.

"Allison?" Malia asked, looking at me with a frown, "Allison Argent? You mean the girl that Scott used to be in love with?"

"I got to go," I said, getting off the examination table before running out of the animal clinic, ignoring their calls.

I ran as fast as I could, not knowing where I was going in the end, but I didn't care. When I slowed down, I realized that I was in the Beacon Hill's Park. A lot of memories with Theo had happened here, some good some bad. Of course the good outlasted the bad but the memories still weren't good to remember because of Tara and my brother. I still blamed myself for letting my older sister walk out of the house during the coldest night of the year and now she is dead.