Chapter 7

The reason things went quite rapidly was because the lads had gone into the X Factor, but they had to change their name because some rock band had the name UFO, so now they’re known as JLS. Jack the lad swing. The boys had done amazingly well and got all the way through to the final, but came second to Alexandra Burke. Marvin and Aston had then come home, but even though I had watched them on TV, I couldn’t deny on how happy I was to see them again, especially Aston. We had stayed at the flat for two nights when Aston and I went back up to Peterborough to see our families, and have a big BBQ to welcome back Aston to Peterborough.

I remember being at Aston’s home with everyone: my family, Aston’s family, and a bunch of close friends. We were all setting up the BBQ party while Aston and his dad went to Sainsbury’s to get some drinks and plastic cups. When they’d gotten back, Aston told me that there was little girl in the store that was in hysterics when she saw him. Bless the girl. The whole evening and most of the night was spent celebrating Aston and how far he has gotten in the X Factor, but he claimed that he had a surprise for us. The surprise being is that Modest music had signed JLS onto do record deals and so now JLS’s career starts here. When the party had died down, and everyone was leaving, I and Aston had cheekily escaped to his room to have sex. In my way, the sex was to welcome back Aston and to congratulate him.

Soon after, I and Aston went back to London to spend many months in the flat, plus Aston and Marvin will be away to record in studio. However, I remember a TV crew had come to the flat to record Marvin and Aston’s daily life in their flat, but I didn’t want to get caught and thrown into the limelight, even so, Aston was trying to protect me from JLS’s limelight as he doesn’t want the media following me around. Nevertheless, I was caught.

***

“Babe, there’s a film crew coming round today to film me and Marvin,” Aston says while we’re in his bedroom of the flat. “Oh right, I’ll stay up here and keep my noise down,” I say with a smile which makes him smile “thanks baby, I don’t want you getting chased around by the paparazzi,” Aston whispers before placing a kiss onto my lips. He is standing between my legs while I am sitting on my bed; his bed is on the other side of the room. When his lips pull away, I bite my lip “what if I need the loo?” I ask quietly and frown as Aston looks dumbfounded, “never thought of that. I suppose you’re just gonna have to creep down the stairs,” “okay, I’ll try my best to keep out of view then,” I say with a sigh which makes Aston frown. “I’m sorry,” he whispers which makes me frown and look up to him, “what for?” I ask confused “getting famous and-” “no, no, no! Don’t say sorry for that, this is your life, this is what you want! Never say sorry for what you’ve achieved,” I say which makes him grin “thank you,” he whispers and places another kiss onto my lips, just as the doorbell rings making Aston break his lips away from mine “I have to go,” he whispers while his forehead lays on mine “go have fun,” I whisper and take one more kiss before allowing him to walk out of the room.

During the time the film crew were here, I was trying my best to keep myself entertained. Not only that, I really need a pee now, so I’m gonna have to try and keep myself away from the camera crew. Sneaking my way from the bedroom to the stairs, I peer as much as I can down the stairs to see where the camera crew are. Taking a couple of steps down, I realize that the camera crew are in the living room with Aston and Marvin, but both the lads are making their way into the kitchen with the camera crew following them. Thinking that I am out of sight from the camera, I dart down the last two steps and shot over the small and narrow corridor and into the loo. Phew, that was close!

It’d been a couple of weeks since the camera crew had come round, and they were filming for a TV programme called ‘JLS revealed’ and it’s only just been aired on TV. Aston and Marvin were out at the studio today, and one of them should be back by now. It’s either Aston comes in before Marvin or Marvin before Aston, usually because the other is shopping or hanging out with a couple of mates. Today was the day that Aston came in first. “I thought you were gonna keep yourself away from the camera crew,” he hisses just as he gets in and slams the door behind him. The anger upon his face is really scary, and I frown because of it. “I did,” I say quietly “you haven’t seen the magazines, have you?” he hisses again and that’s when I notice the magazine in his right hand, I shake my head in reply to his question before getting up and taking the magazine away from him, “page forty two,” he hisses again and storms off into the kitchen. My eyebrows are still creased from the frowning upon my face while I open to page forty two.

[Mystery girl is spotted in the new aired TV programme, ‘JLS revealed’. The girl can be seen on the corner of a shot in the programme about the new boy band. It looks to be that she is either Humes’s or Merrygold’s girlfriend or a best friend of one of the lads.]

Frowning, I realize how much I will now get chased by the media if they catch me. Looking up into the kitchen, I see that Aston is on the phone to someone and he looks extremely pissed off. Oh no. I have to go ruin everything, don’t I? Leaving the magazine on the sofa, I feel the lump at the back of my throat and tears form in my eyes; I leave the sofa and head for the stairs just as I begin to softly cry. Making my way up the stairs and into mine and Aston’s bedroom, the tears become harsher but I stay quiet so that Aston doesn’t notice.

Having no idea how long I have been in mine and Aston’s bedroom, crying, I hear that Marvin has only just got in the house. “You okay, mate?” I hear Marvin begin “yeah, I’m good. How are you?” Aston asks back “I’m good. Did you see the magazines?” “Yeah...” Aston sighs and this makes tears form in my eyes once again “Amy was caught on the JLS programme,” Aston sighs again, “where is she?” Marvin asks and I hear a slight concerned tone in his voice, “I think she went upstairs. I’ll go check on her,” Aston says and I frown before quickly getting under my bedcovers and pulling it up and over my head... Moments later, the bedroom door opens and the light switches on – I was crying with the lights off. “Amy,” Aston’s soft voice calls me and I feel the bed dip, “Amy, come out please,” he says softly but I bite my lip to try my hardest not to cry again. Suddenly, he had pulled back the cover of my bed only to have me curled up in a ball and facing away from him. “Amy, please talk to me,” he says quietly and I can hear the sadness in his voice, “baby, I shouldn’t have spoken to you the way I did. I know that you were trying to sneak around; I know that because you mentioned it. I suppose I’m just scared on what the media may do, now that they know you,” he says quietly and just as he finishes talking, I sniffle. “Amy, have you been crying?” He asks and I can some panic in his voice “no,” I mumble back and sniffle again, but I was suddenly pulled over and Aston sees my tear stained cheeks and damp, puffy eyes. “N- n- n- no, please don’t cry,” he says quietly and desperately as he pulls me up into his arms just as I burst out crying once again, “please don’t cry. I didn’t mean to make you cry. I’m so sorry,” he whispers and kisses the top of my head; his arms are wrapped tightly around my body, my left arm is around his waist while my right hand has a tight grip on his shirt. “Shh, shh, please don’t cry,” he whispers and I find this soothing my tears.

Eventually, my tears had stopped and I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open. His voice is soothing me so much that it’s turning into a lullaby. Feeling Aston move, I feel him put me into my bed before he begins to dress me into PJs. After he’s dressed me, he strips into his boxers before climbing into my bed and holding me close to his body; he lays two kisses on my left shoulder before we both drift away.

***

Now let me bring you into the now of mine and Aston’s life.