Chapter 6- Dream

Riley:

After the pleasant ride with the sheriff, Riley found herself in the study room of her parents looking as bashful as she never had before.

She was sitting on one of the two chairs in front of the mahogany desk with her head down. In that moment nothing had been more interesting than her fingers which she kept playing with as lectures upon lectures rained down on her.

Her mother, Victoria, was pacing behind the mahogany desk agitated as she preached Riley's recent alarming behaviors. Her forehead creased and grave disappointment was plain in her sleepless eyes. Obviously her mother just came home a few hours earlier than her and that's when she discovered her disappearance. 

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, RILEY DABRIA FIERCE?! You were out the whole night! Didn't you even think that we'd be worried sick about your disappearance? And to top it all, you were with a BOY!!.." She wrinkled her nose with disgust and blatant disapproval at the word 'boy'.

Riley shut her eyes tightly for a brief moment and tweaked the bridge of her nose inconspicuously still keeping her head down. It was a good thing her father was more of the casual type of person, unlike her mother who was like a raging bull. Her dad chose to give the time to them and left them alone so they could have a 'chat'. 

Oh dear I think I might faint... 

Riley sniffled and opened her mouth a little and breathed through her mouth as the typhoon 'Victoria' continued to shower her with heavy raindrops of lectures and sermon.

She felt like she was this little leaf flying slowly towards the ground- numb and light.

True

As the seconds ticked by she became less and less aware of her surroundings and the typhoon which was her mother. Everything seemed like a an annoying buzz to her ears. Dizziness started to creep into her system, leaving everything incomprehensible and blurry in its wake. It wasn't long after she felt every fiber in her being have gone cold. Goosebumps traversed the length of her arms before darkness took her. 

Victoria was too busy spewing out sermons that she barely heard the THUD noise as Riley's body met the carpet.

"....How could you even do this to us? Did you even realize you had jeopardized your brother's safety after you left them all alone?! And you even had to be picked up by a police officer!"" She was on fire, she was making hand gestures in the air with her face scowling, making her look twice than her actual age.

She sharply turned her back to the window to face Riley only to find the body of her daughter lying on the carpeted floor, unconscious.

"RILEY!" She gasped before she hurried over to Riley who was literally hot from head to feet.

"RAYMUND!!!" Victoria called suddenly alarmed.

***

(Riley's dream)

She was floating in the air, drifting into a far far far away distance just like a leaf. She felt light but at the same time she felt weighed by the strong wind that's taking her away into an unknown, completely foreign hostile land. The wind was so strong that no matter how she screamed it kept on taking her away...

Away, away, away.....

The landscape at first was familiar though not long after, it took on the image of another different place. She was heading towards a dystopian city, abundant of bleak edifices and dark decrepit household just like what she had read in some books. The wind was blowing her towards a direction where the sky was infinitely gray and no sunlight could ever penetrate its boundaries.