Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - The Companion

His feet, sinking into the mud. He try's to brake free but he's stuck, not knowing what to do he just accepts his fate. Knee deep he starts to wonder how he got here "that man" a tall black stranger who would always follow him. Always kept his distance but never left his sight. Rags for clothes with suspicious numbers on them, everyday different. Never wore shoes, don't think he could even afford shoes by the way he dressed. That smile on his face so big it looked like it didn't even fit on his face, I never even thought it was his smile.

Not one place was he not there. smiling in the distance. I could never get away from him, as much as I tried one minute he's behind me the next he's miles away. Always wanted to meet him but I'm scared of him, or it.

Bottom half of his body sinking in the mud faster and faster the clock ticks, 'tick tock' 'tick tock'. But there are no clocks nothing but mud. 'tick tock' 'tick tock' rummagingg through the mud looking for the source to the ticking, but nothing. "your time is up" a whisper is in his ear. he looks right nothing he looks left.

he could see something in the distance an old rusty boat floating towards him, with the words 'The companion' writing on the front of the boat.

The words felt like a river of blood has just drowned you. A man 'the man' standing on the deck of the boat holding a life buoy, about to save his

Life. Something went across the mans mind, he dropped the life buoy and picked up a weapon. "you're time isn't up". There was a pause in his voice his time to think, then he continued "but mine is" he pulls the trigger against his own head.

The sound of the gun was deafening and echoed the muddy lake. I pulled my self out of the mud and onto the boat. lying on the deck of the boat he doesn't realise that he is laying on the mans blood. he rushes to his feet and searches the man. Finds a wallet and a note. On the note he sees the words 'tick tock'.