Newcomers

I DO NOT OWN BLACK HAZE! Enjoy reading!

*****

Claire's POV

I didn't sleep well last night. After what Lin told me, how could I? I didn't know how to react to what she said so I just stared at her blankly. And when the boys returned from the bathroom, I looked at Dio who caught my eye and I involuntarily looked away.

I didn't mean to! I just... the news was a bit shocking to me. I don't even know if I want to believe what Lin said. But whether I believed it or not, it was bothering me, big time.

"Claire, you okay?" Rood asked. We were walking to class with Lidusis right behind us. People seemed to be nicer to him; they greeted him and complimented him. It was a nice change, a new start for Lidusis himself.

"Yeah." I replied.

Once we entered the classroom, the hay of blue hair immediately came into view. I looked at Dio who noticed we've arrived. I deliberately avoided him and went straight to Lin and Camille.

Ugh! Why am I like this?! I don't want to avoid him but every time I think about what Lin said, I get all weird!

"Good morning Claire!" Noidin and Achel suddenly walked over to us.

"Oh, hi." I smiled and gave them a wave.

"Listen, we want to thank you for dancing with us last night." Achel started shyly.

"Yeah. We thought you'd decline." Noidin said.

"It was nothing." I said and Lin nudged me before giving me a knowing look.

"What?" I asked and she sighed.

"Never mind."

Suddenly, someone entered the room and I immediately whipped my head to the newcomer. He was tall and lean; he had brown hair and green eyes. His presence made all the girls swoon and his voice was commanding yet very light.

"Hello, children. My name is Orphell, and starting today, I will be your homeroom teacher." He stated and I turned to Rood who was already looking at me with a knowing look.

This Orphell guy, I recognized him from one of Master's files. He is from the Tower. I can sense the presence of a powerful mana inside him.

So he's the Tower's pawn to investigate the Ishuella incident huh?

The class ended with homework and as we were getting ready for lunch, Iel called Rood and they left together to talk.

"What are they going to talk about?" Dio then asked and I unwillingly jumped since I didn't realize he was right behind me.

Damn it Claire! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER WOMAN!

"What's up with you?" Dio asked but I just shook my head and stepped away from him.

"Hey Claire! Back me up here!" Camille suddenly called.

"What?" I asked, happy to be distracted.

"Isn't Professor Orphell dreamy?!" She said and I swear I could see hearts in her eyes and a flower background behind her.

"Camille, really..." Lin sighed.

"I guess he's not bad." I said.

"You think so too?! I told you Lin! He's amazing!" Camille's head wandered off.

"Really, Claire? I didn't think you'd go for the tall and brooding type." Lin said.

"I'm not saying I'd go for him, I just said he's not bad." I corrected suddenly feeling weird on why I need to explain myself.