Chapter 6 - Twins

^^^^^New chapter woohoo! Sorry guys I've been so busy with school and my boyfriend who's been in the hospital, nothing bad just check ups as he is a kidney patient <3 anywho, you don't care about that, you care about Skylar and Riker! So yeah, happy reading ^^^^^

Chapter 6 - Twins

"Sky, you're a really nice girl. I loved the time I got to spend with you, but I'm leaving next week to go back home. This was going to happen sooner or later." Riker says and I feel my heart break.

I close my eyes and try to comprehend what's happening, "What do you mean Riker?"

"I mean this... We... Would end... This romance we have... Is just a fling... A summer romance..." Riker says before turning away.

I take a step and reach out to touch his arm, "Riker..."

He doesn't look at me, "Good bye Skylar."

••Emmy••

Skylar has been in her room for hours now.

She came back inside after Riker left and ran right up to her room.

I creep up the stairs to the loft and knock on the shelf by the top of the stairs.

"Go away!" Sky's voice sounds muffled.

I take a few steps and see she is hiding in her closet cuddling a sweater.

I cover my mouth as I realize it isn't her sweater.

It was our brother's favourite sweater.

I walk over and sit beside her.

"Sky, what happened?" I ask softly.

She turns her back to me, "Go away, you won't understand."

I touch her shoulder, "I might..."

She shrugs my hand off harshly, "No Emmy! You won't understand! No one understands me! Only Tommy gets me!"

I hang my head, "Sky..."

She hugs the sweater tighter, "Leave."

I get up and start walking away and hear Sky from behind me, "Em..."

I turn to look at her tear stained face, "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry..." She says quietly.

"It's okay... I know how close you and Thomas were." I say while sitting in front of her.

She looks me in the eye, "You wanna see something?"

I nod and she turns around a bit and pulls a small box out from behind her.

The box is a DC shoe box, with a drawing of the shoes Thomas had bought the day of the accident.

I shut that thought down and look at Sky.

She opens the top of the box to reveal the box was full of all different things.

"This is my memory box for him... Pictures, his necklace, his bracelets, anything I found that was small." She says as she pulls out a few items.

I notice something then.

A small picture of two little kids.

I pick it up out of the box and stare at it.

"Me and Tommy before you and Vicky were born." Sky smiles.

I look at the back and read, "Skylar Dawn Simpson and Thomas Jeremy Simpson 1st birthday."

I smile and pick up another picture.

"Is that me?" I ask Sky, pointing at the baby in between two toddlers.

She nods and passes me another picture, "And this is Vicky."

We look though multiple pictures, the four of us growing up together.

I get to one picture and smile, "This was always my favourite."

Skylar smiles too, "I like that one."

It was a family portrait we had done when Thomas and Skylar were 15, I was 12 and Vicky was 13.

Thomas was in a jean jacket and black boots; he looked like a rock star.

Us three girls looked like fan girls with tutus and high heels.

We were standing beside each other in age order with Thomas laying at our feet.

That was our last family portrait.

I look up at Skylar and she's tearing up.

She passes me a little stack of pictures.

I look through them quickly, not wanting to really see them.

Pictures of the accident.

I put them down and take the last thing out of the box.

A small piece of paper.

I unfold it and read;

"Sky,

Hey so I just wanted to say happy birthday! You're the best sister anyone could ever have! I love that you're my twin. Even if we fight sometimes. Just know that I'm always here for you okay? Anytime. Even at 3am. But you know that already.

I'm sorry about last night... I shouldn't have said what I said and I should've just kept my mouth shut. You could've gotten into any school if you wanted to. You're a smart, cool, funny, pretty girl. And you really should have gotten that scholarship. You're twice the cheerleader Michelle is. Everyone on the football team loves your moves. Okay that sounds weird coming from your brother doesn't it haha oh well, suck it up princess.

Speaking of princess, I hope you like your birthday present. It's one fit for a princess.

With twin love forever: TJ"

I wipe away some tears and look at Sky.

She pulls down another box.

She opens it to reveal something I've never seen before.

A tiara.

She smiles, "I only wore it once."

I look at her, "When?"

She smiles and picks up a picture from her night stand.

I look at it and smile.

It was Sky and Thomas.

When Sky and our parents went to see him in the hospital after the accident.

She had the tiara on and he had a paper crown.

I look at Sky and she is about to break into tears.

She hugs me and sobs, "Why did he have to die on our birthday? Why?"

I feel like crying now too.

I hug her back, "Sky, you made his last night the best. You know that. He loved being the prince and you the princess. That was your thing."

Sky sobs more, "I wish I hadn't been so hash with him."

I pull back and look at my older sister, "Skylar, it's okay. You guys fought all the time..."

She cuts me off, "I told him I didn't want to ever see him again though!"

I don't know what to say, "Sky... Listen... You couldn't have known he would get hit that night."

Sky is about to speak when her phone goes off.

She looks at it, "Incoming call from..."

^^^^^ Who is it????? Comment what you think! One comment and I'll start writing! Promise it won't take so long this time! I have free time now... Anywho... Until next time ^^^^^