Ch. 46

Elizabeth's Point of View

I wanted to say it back to him; I wanted to confidently profess the phrase and prove to him that I was just as much ready for our relationship to progress as he was- but of course I didn't say a word.

I don't think it bothered Brendon too much, as we were preoccupied with the fact his penis was inside of me and we may have both blacked out in that moment anyhow.

But what about after we had finished? And we both slid down the shower wall, and I was lying against his chest while the shower pressure stung our skin and he muttered it again, this time softer, smiling into my wet hair.

I was falling in love with him, surely. But we fall in love with people everyday, and of course it's different with Brendon, but I hesitated and then the moment had passed and suddenly we were panting into each other's mouths as I straddled him on the white sheets of the king sized bed.

I kissed his mouth roughly, searching for the taste of those words on his tongue, hoping maybe I could feel what he felt when he told me he loved me and I could steal the words from him and reciprocate the phrase.

His head lolled backwards as he grabbed a fistful of the soft sheets in his rough hands and he arched his back as I moved in a rhythm over him, trying not to scream with the throbbing intensity I felt in my hips.

His wet hair was stained to his forehead in strands of even darker brown and his skin was glistening- purple and red marks covered his neck and chest. Good. Now we can finally be even for all the bruises he left on my skin.

Brendon's eyes were shut, his eyelashes fluttering around his speckled cheeks and he grinned widely, showing off his teeth and his pink tongue and moaning out as I positioned myself differently above him, moving my hips and lowering myself.

"Fuck, Elizabeth. Please, yes."

It hurt; I think it was supposed to hurt? But after a couple of practice rounds, as Brendon called our first times together, it felt sinfully euphoric and we both didn't bother to control our voices- hypocritically, I think I even screamed out profanities multiple times during one of the more experienced rounds we had.

This created an embarrassing situation the next morning.

"I had to go to the front desk to ask for earplugs," Ryan groaned as we sat in the hotel lobby while Josh pulled the van around front.

I sat on Brendon's lap in the armchair and he was stroking his fingers up and down my legs as I moved my hands gently through his unruly hair. We couldn't stop touching each other.

Brendon just nodded and laughed and I nudged his shoulder, rolling my eyes.

"At least you fell asleep," Spencer spoke as he pressed his palms into his eyes. "I could still hear them. Even with music playing and my pillow over my head."

"You didn't stop until daylight!" He complained. "C'mon it couldn't have been that good." Spencer spoke more to me than Brendon.

Brendon squeezed my thigh. "I don't like talking about this," I laughed uncomfortably. "But no yeah, it was definitely that good."

Spencer raised his eyebrows in disbelief and Brendon whistled and shrugged his shoulders humbly, graciously accepting his reign over the guys as the non-virgin in the group.