1915

The Germans retreated to the Aisne and we was not far behind and managed to penetrate to the Aisne where we later won field at the North Shore. I helped the French and British there for a while before they sent me in the spring of 1915 to Gallipoli for a battle with a lot of other soldiers from different countries. Our goal was the capture of Istanbul and turn off the Ottomans which received support from the Germans and Austrian-hungarians. We were approximately 560,000 troops, and this was the first battle where Australians and new zeelanders ever fought under their own flag. I heard the high ranking soliers talk about the marine minister Winston Churchil during my part of the battle, it sounded like he was a great man and a great leader who unfortunately had to resign later. Battle of Gallipoli became a major failure for the allies, we lost extremely many soldiers, so many wasted deaths at the beaches and the rocks where the Turks were response to an attack. I stayed only for a few months, between april 20 and July 4 to be exact. I was sent home by any Commander because they needed me at Artois in 25th september.
Once I was there the battle was tough and we were driven back, we lost many soldiers, it was a loss for our part.
Between October 14, when the battle of Artois ended, and 31 October, I participated in the battle of Champagne. I been shot and wounded in the arm at about one week before the battle was lost, even an Allied loss.
in 1915 led to a close and new challenges awaited me.