Crooked Smile

Krysten P.O.V

It was lunch time at school and I was starving I haven't ate anything but I didn't wanna leave August's site. He was acting as if nothing had happened last night while I'm over in my feelings sad about Mel and him trying to end his life. 

His fake smile was one of the best I've ever seen. I knew he was hurt I could see it in his piercing dark eyes. His pearly Whites took the attention away from that. 

I kept having horrific flash backs that kept on occurring. But this time he wouldn't wake up. Or Mel was laid out shot in the chest multiple times. 

I look at August when he lets out the same dried out laugh he always puts out and I  shake my head.

"Girl whats wrong" Tia asks

Nothing just thinkin.

"Well I think the whole world can hear yo stomach growling right now, when's the last time you ate"

Umm...I d-don't know maybe yesterday morning.

"Girl eat something that's not healthy"

She handed me half of her subway sandwich, but I didn't take it. 

"Oh hell no what's wrong subway is your favorite and you just rejected it"

Nothing can y'all leave me alone damn.

"Krysten Summer Daniels, tell me or else imma force answer out of you"

I grabbed my stuff and walked off. I went to a secluded area which was the veryback of the school. There was a very large wall with tags all over it from different gangs. I was about to slide my body down it dramatically but someone stopped me. 

August leave alone.

"Listen I know I'm not your favorite person in the world right now but I hate to see you sad baybeh girl"

Then close your eyes, my smart remark made me smile in my head tho.

August I can see right threw you, your not happy. 

"Neither are you" 

I know.

"I'm so very sorry, I know I've said this but I really really mean it"

I look away. 

His tall and slim figure stood tall over me. His hand was on the wall right next to my head while the other one was prompted on my lower back. 

"If I can't tell you maybe I can show you"

Him coming closer made my breath hitch and he realized it. 

"Relax baybeh, be normal it's okay I'm not gonna hurt you"

I couldn't help but stare at his lips. I mean they were nice and pink, plump, and from my experience they were soft.

One part of me wanted to forgive him right then and there, but what good does it do it would be like I'm under his string. So I gotta stand my ground and be strong. 

He leans down to kiss and I pull my head back. 

"Don't be like that"

He leans down again and this time no holding back he places a soft gentle kiss on my lips and kept it lingering for a few seconds. He gen pulls back just for a minute and goes right in for another one, but then he places his hand on my face and mine are rested on his chest. 👇🏽

I could feel the electric spark between us I don't know what it was but I felt good. That's one other thing I like bout August he keeps me interested like he's a mystery that I gotta figure out.