Chapter 21: Alex

We kissed. Well...technically I kissed him, but we kissed nonetheless. Me and Sam kissed and he didn't seem to mind. I didn't know if I should scream or cry or what. I hadn't meant to do it, but I was so glad I had. When I get home I try my best to avoid my mom- she would be able to tell that something had happened and I didn't want to get her hopes up. 

     As soon as I get to my room I let out a small squeal and lay on my bed smiling up at the ceiling. I kept going over the events of the evening trying to figure out how I had gotten up the courage to actually kiss Sam. I roll over into my side and check my phone. I had a text from Sam.

I had fun today.

     That was all? Nothing about the kiss? I quickly text him that I had fun too and contemplate asking him about the kiss. I decide that I was just going to come out and ask.

Sam, I didn't overstep my bounds by kissing you did I? I send and hold my breath until Sam responds.

Nah, I actually kinda liked it.

Sam. I have something I need to tell you. I really really like you and I would love to date you.

     I click my phone off and wait for the ding of the text alarm. As so as I hear the ding I pick up my phone, but hesitate. I wasn't sure what Sam would say. I wanted​him to like me back and I definitely wanted to date him- mainly because I want to kiss him again because he's pretty good at it. I quickly click my phone on and unlock it.

I really like you too Alex. Would you be my boyfriend?

     I bolt onto my feet and run into my mom's room. She can tell just by looking at my expression that I was extremely happy. I show her the texts and flop down on her bed. I felt like I was going to die I was so happy. I spend a good five minutes in my mom's room gushing about Sam. I decide to go back to my room. As soon as I get into my room my phone dings again.

Alex?

     I feel my face go red. I was so excited that I forgot to text Sam back. I send him a quick text agreeing before laying down on my bed. I had to pinch myself a few times before I believed what was happening was real. It was just the best thing that has happened in the past few weeks. It was​ amazing.