Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Unusual Crushes

_____

"Yera, baby wake up." Her mother said as she came into her room.

It was Sunday morning and Yera just wanted to sleep in all day, especially from the long ride home.

She didn't feel like being bothered today, but her mom wanted Yera to go with her to the nail salon.

She wanted to bond with her daughter since she hasn't seen her in two months. Her mother was tired of all the men in the house and wanted to get away from them.

Yera slowly opened her eyes and groaned as her mother moved her curtain, making the sun brighten her dark room.

"Yes, mama?" She asked.

"We're going to the nail salon. Since we didn't celebrate your birthday last month, I'm going to take you out." Her mother said smiling.

Yera nodded her head.

She was in need of a fill in and definitely needed her feet done.

"Okay, what time?" She asked sitting up and stretching.

"In a hour. I have to go to work to see a client real fast." She said.

"Okay ..is Kara still here?" Yera asked referring to her little cousin.

Yera didn't like her because her parents let her run wild.

She was only fifteen years old and is already acting grown. After her parents found out she got exposed at school, they sent her to Yera's parents for help.

Kara got caught on video getting train ran on her by four different guys and she didn't even care when the exposed her.

Yera didn't understand what her problem was, but Kara couldn't stand Yera either because of how stuck up she acted.

Her mother nodded. "Yeah. She's in the kitchen right now with your brothers. I made breakfast too."

Yera scratched the back of her head through her bonnet and made her way to the bathroom.

She quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face before the food was all gone.

Making her way into the kitchen she seen pancakes, cheese eggs, turkey bacon, and maple sausages laid out on the table.

Mateo, Daniel, Kara, and her father all sat at the table laughing and cracking jokes at each other.

"Morning." Yera said as she grabbed a plate.

Everyone else said morning back, except Kara.

She just rolled her eyes

Yera caught it, but she just shrugged her off. It was too early to argue with her.