H O M E

Tate circled the room, flashes of his victims scattered his brain.
He bit his nails thinking of his sister addy and leaving her alone to his horrendous mother, and his brother beau who had been killed by his step father.
And how glad he was to set fire to him.
   Tate's eyes teared up thinking of his past, how his mother, and father never truly cared.
  the sound of footsteps outside his cabin startled him.
Peeking through the hole of the door he could see a woman in a floral dress. She was facing her back towards the door mumbling to herself.
  "What the hell? Its 2:30 am."
He said sitting himself down on the club chair.
"Tate.."
He heard a oddly feminine voice come from behind the door.
   "What the hell".
Stuffing his bags under the bed He opened the door to find Norman dressed as a woman.
   "Oh-I'm.. sorry. I-i didn't know you were."
Tate laughed rubbing his neck.
  "What?"
Norman (Norma) laughed.
"My son Norman. He told me you can stay with us. Hide from the police for awhile..."
She mocked.
  "Umm.. okay."
Rubbing his neck his eyes drifted down to Normans (Norma) skirt.
"Uh-uh it's like 2:00.. haha."
Tate laughed nervously.
'This guy really is just as nuts as me' he thought.

Closing the door Norman shifted off back into the office.
"Mother! How dare you. You wouldn't ever let me have a girlfriend. You wouldn't ever let me have a friend but you're going to let this random felon stay here? he has nothing in common with us other than crime!"
Tate could here the faded voices through the walls.
It made him feel more at home.
Slipping under the sheets he could still here the yelling voices.

As the sun rose into a misty oregon morning Norman (as himself) pulled up his trousers and headed for work. His work of course meaning the hotel. All night he thought of tate. How he didn't want more police dropping by and asking him questions.
"Bum bum bum bum.. bum bum. Fa la la la"
He hummed to himself as he juggled the keys into the door.
He studied the darkness of the room like always before turning on the light. Just to capture the vast emptiness of darkness, the only way he could truly escape his blood crazed mother.
His finger flicked the light switched on. Whistling without a clue he went into the back office only to find a body under a blanket on the floor.
His breath was quickly stolen away as his heart jumped out of his throat. Panicked he quickly slammed the door only to see the body jump up and reavel it's own living face. Tate's face.
  Tate gasped. Shocked they stared at each other for awhile. Gazing into each other's fearful eyes.
  "What are you doing in here!?"
Norman huffed hooding his eyes.
  "Oh shit umm.. I don't know. I guess I kinda got cold and it just looked warm in here so I kinda just yunno.. thought-"

"You could just SNEAK in here and use my bear skin as a blanket half naked?!"
He snapped causing Tate to jump.

  "I-im s-sorry Norma  sometimes I-i just do without thinking.. I got kinda drunk last night."
Tate lied hiding his true emotions and feelings. Knowing that he really snook in there because he felt lonely.

  "Why did you call me that?"
his chin quivered as he breathed heavily through his nose.

  "W-well I thought that's what you'd prefer.. to be respectful."
Tate rubbed his face.
Norman was on the verge of a breakdown. His mother side yelled and screamed at the fact Tate was shirtless, and Norman wanted to cry and moan because Norman introduced herself to him once again.
  "Oh.. I see.. You speak of my mother."
His nose twitched not knowing his body language showed off the emotion of anxiety.
"I saw you last night dresse- well yunno what you.. well- I guess I'm kinda confused."
Stuttered uncomfortably.

"Well since you KNOW her why don't we throw a parade aye? Yeah yes yes yes LET'S DO THAT!"
Norman started to freak out. His heart beating like a humming bird.
Tate stood up with the blanket wrapped around him.
"Are you okay?"
Norman seeing doubled vision started to mumble and slowly clasped onto the floor.
  "Norman?"
Tate gasped
  "Norman?!"
-------------- Later that day ---------

   Norman slowly blinked open his eyes.
He felt numb, in a comfortable way.
Groggy and dizzy he realized he was in Tate's hotel room on Tate's bed.
"Whuut.."
He mumbled like a drunk man.
He turned his head to see Tate asleep on the club chair curled into a ball with no comfort at all.
Norman pulled off the covers and questioned what happend.
He didn't remember anything. It was just another blackout.
He tapped Tate on the shoulder until he woke up.
Tate's baby face slowly opened up to him.
"Oh you're awake.. you blacked out or somthing. And I couldn't exactly call the hospital due to my situation."
He laughed nervously.

"Why did you have me on you're bed?"
Norman sat down shyly on the floor leaning against the bed rubbing his sore head.
He held his legs pressing them against his chest.

"I'm truly embarrassed.."
He mumbled.

"Ah it's okay man. I've got you're back."
Tate giggled.
Norman looked outside the window to see it was dark outside.
  "What time is it?"
Norman stood up and looked down at tate.
  "Uhh.."
Tate checked his watch.
"11:30pm ish.. you were out for a while man. But It was nice to have company.."
Tate smiled
"Even though you were asleep"
He said Under his breath.
   Norman considered what he should do next. He couldn't show emotion back because that would make mother madly jealous. He couldn't not say anything because that would be rude in his mother's eyes. He didn't know what to do at all.

"Well I must be going now.."
He slowly walked to the door.

"Wait!"
Tate yelled.
Norman turned his head towards him.

"Would It be okay If I slept in your house. I know it seems weird I just want to feel At home again."
Tate looked down at the floor.
And as Norman slowly turned into Norma she let out a kind
meaningful "yes you may."