Forgiveness. - Chapter 12

Dear god it's been too long, I'm so sorry!! I haven't been able to write because i've been all out of imagination idk anymore and i've had SO much to do in school so I've been so stressed and god knows what. but here i am, new part, hopefully i will be able to write more & upload more often like i used to. but thank you all for reading! please don't give up on me i have so much more planned for this story, love you all enjoy ♥ xx

Chapter 12

- Forgiveness.

The daylight had come to its end and now the sky had turned pitch-black. The clock was soon to be nine. My shoes were on and I had just put my jacket on.

“Keep in touch! And we have to meet again soon. And don't forget to keep us informed about Niall for Gods sake.” Becca said while hugging me, along with Zara. I chuckled and let them go.

“Of course not, I'll tell you immediately. Goodnight girls!” I smiled, and then I left the house.

Walking outside when it's dark wasn't something I fancied, but it was pretty calming though. It wasn't too far home, so that was nerve-calming. So I took a deep breath and started walking. It was colder than usual, and to keep myself warm I crossed my arms around my chest and started to walk faster.

The further I walked, the more it felt like it was a presence nearby, following me. And I really hated that feeling. I slowed down for a bit and gazed through the area – without any suspicious silhouette in sight. I sighed deeply. There was no one there, I was just overreacting. I started walking again, pushing all the thoughts away.

Soon I realized I was nearby my house and a wave of relief washed over me. I could finally relax, or at least I thought I could. A noise was heard from behind me, and this time I quickly spun around. The sight caused my heart to almost stop. There was a man, more than twenty meters away from me. At this point I didn't even think a single thought before I immediately started running the fastest that my body could bear. My legs directed me through the roads, running in full force. My breathing was so heavy that I almost choked, that's how tired I was. Soon enough I finally saw my house, and I used the energy that was left to spurt the last piece. I harshly grabbed the door-handle and literally jumped into the house, almost slamming the door behind me. I was standing by the door in the same position for a very long time, until my breathing had become normal.

“Tifa, honey, is it you? Why did you slam the door like that?” I heard my mom call from the kitchen. To my luck, the water was running so she wouldn't hear my heavy breathings.

“Sorry, it was uhm.. It was that cat again that followed me and it wanted to get inside, so I had to close the door quickly so it wouldn't come in.” I lied, while kicking my shoes off and hanging up the jacket. By now my breathing was almost complete normal and I went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

“Ugh, why can't the owner just keep its cat in the house instead of leaving it outside.” mom sighed and dried the last plate and put it in a cupboard. I finished drinking up the water and sighed deeply.

“Yeah I know.” I said, shaking my head and putting the glass on the counter.

“Did you have a good time by the way?” she asked with a smile. I nodded and returned a smile as well.

“Yeah I did, and I've missed them so much. But Alexis will be here any minute, I have to get ready.”

***

This was probably the first time I really didn't want to go to work. It will be tense as hell, because I knew that Chris was still angry with me. He had his reasons though, but still.. It was my life. But I still didn't get why he reacted that way. Like it was the biggest deal in the entire world.