The Two Lovers

"Wow, I can't believe she did that."

"Did you hear that she also tried to get with him. As if he even loves her, she's ugly and worthless. He loves me anyway." Sam tells her friend Chloe, they both just laugh, Sam's boyfriend shows up. His name was Trey, he was the cutiest guy in school. I wanted him to be with me, but he and I were barely friends. Besides, his heart belongs to Sam, while I sit here and wish I could be her.

Sam was perfect, with the perfect body, eyes, hair, perfect everything. She was the girl I wished I could be.
Sadly, I was just me, a girl that no one ever noticed. I was comic book fanatic who loved marvel and anime and who just wanted to be loved. Trey had known me for a while but since Sam showed up hes been under her spell.

"Hey baby," Sam tells Trey with a smile in a cute-ish voice. She flaunts him in front of my face everyday.

"Oh, hey Sam," he says, it always looks like he doesn't like her at all. "Look we need to talk about something." She just giggles and smiles to her group of girl friends.

"Sure baby, what do you want to talk about?" She says with a smile and so much happiness. Fake happiness but still happiness.

"Sam, there's no easy way to say this so I'm just going to say it. I'm breaking up with you." He says with a straight face. Her smile immediately goes away and turns into anger.

"WHAT?! AFTER ALL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LEAVE ME LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" Sam screams at Trey, causing a huge scene in school. Everyone gathers around and watches as Sam and Trey begin arguing.

"Sam, you're causing a scene. I just don't have any feelings for you. I'm in love with someone else." Trey tells her, I stand and watch everything happen. Hearing that Trey loves another girl breaks my heart, because I loved Trey.

"Who can be better than I am? I'm rich, nice, I treat you better than all the losers here anyways. I am a princess and deserve to be treated like such!" She's screaming at Trey, everyone in school is just in awe at what is happening.

"I'm sorry Sam, but someone else stole my heart. I never realized how much she means to me until I saw what you were doing. You're the school slut, having sex behind my back, she would never do that. She is a great person and I deserve better than a slut." Trey tells Sam, I look at them shyly then start to turn away. I feel someone grab my arm and turn me around, it was Trey. He pulled me close and kissed me, in from of the entire school. I was stunned, I didn't know what to do or say. My mind drew a blank as Sam tried to attack me. I felt this surge of energy just fill my entire body.

"Hey what's wrong with Anna?" said someone from the crowd. Everyone looks at me to see a red aura around my body. I look at my hands and see strange markings appear on my skin. Trey looks at me, with worry in my eyes I try and leave but everyone is blocking my way. Sam smiles and laughs.

"She's a freak, Trey you're leaving me for a magic freak." She says with sass and cockiness. Fear is in everyone's face as they ask what I am and what's wrong with me. "She's a freak and she's ugly, yet you want her and not me? Wow, your standards are at an all time low."

"STOP!" I scream at Sam, everyone goes silent. The aura around my body turned a deep shade of black and my eyes a glowing white. "I have dealt with you picking on me since the first day I've been here! I have had enough, I will not stand here and be harassed anymore. I am done with you yelling at me and causing me pain!" Sam is quiet, the aura around my body is a deep black and my eyes a bright white. Trey looks at me and smiles, why is he smiling? I think to myself.

"I told you she was a freak!" Sam screams, I look at her and start levitating off the ground. The power I feel grows stronger as my anger finally let's out.

"No, she's not a freak!" Trey screams out at everyone, they all go silent. Just then his eyes start turning a glowing shade of red, a black aura appears around his body his power is incredible. He starts levitating off the ground right next to me. I look at him and smile, "She is just like me, she's an angel." He smiles at me and takes my hand, as soon as he does both auras turn pure white and our eyes turn crystal blue in color. A pair of angel wings appear on both of us, Trey pulls me close and kisses me. 'Is this actually happening, is the man if my dreams actually kissing me right now?' I think to myself, as he lets go everyone is staring at us. Sam looks at him in disbelief, "Trey, why would you date her when you can have me?" Trey just laughs at her and takes my hand. "I would rather have Anna because I love her." Holding my hand Trey runs outside and I follow him. We get outside the school, our wings shining in the sun we fly off away from our problems.