part 1 ;

it was a normal September day when suddenly, it happened.

it was 2020, and i was living in Seattle with my roommate, Taylor.

i was sketching out a drawing at my desk when Taylor came into my small room and sat on my bed.

"are you hungry?" she asked, flipping her long, dark blue hair off her shoulder.

"i don't know, kind of," i replied.

i was too deeply focused on my drawing that i wasn't really listening to her.

"well, i'm ordering Chinese," she told me.

she was dialing the number for the Chinese restaurant on the corner when all of a sudden, there was a piercing scream coming from outside.

we looked at each other before both of us started walking towards the open window in my room that was blowing in cool air.

the second we looked out the window, there was a loud boom and an explosion coming from down the street.

people were running everywhere up and down the road screaming their heads off.

realization set in both of us and we hurriedly started packing a bag full of necessities for survival.

once we had everything packed, i grabbed the guns that were underneath our beds that we kept for protection.

"are you ready?" i quickly asked Taylor. she nodded her head, so we headed down to the lobby of the apartment building and outside, running to the car that we shared.

i hopped into the driver's seat while Taylor got into the passenger seat.

i jammed the key into the ignition and started the car, speeding away from our place and leaving it behind.