Chapter 98

They stayed put for a couple of days, keeping indoors as much as possible as Kuroro regained his full strength, thanks to Kurapica's help. The blond healed him in multiple short sessions, his beautiful, fire-ruby eyes shining eerily as his chain, a cross dangling from the end of it, mended tissue, blood vessels and skin, leaving nothing behind to indicate he had ever been injured. There weren't even any scars.

Kuroro followed the news with keen interest, following the search for the group of burglars that had broken into the large estate of the ruler of the city. The police was covering the entire town like a swarm of angry wasps. Still, if they were absent from the posh hotel they had first roomed in for too long, it was bound to raise suspicion, so, on the third day, Kuroro moved them back, ambling down the streets like a clueless tourist, Kurapica at his side as Hisoka, Gon and Killua trailed behind them. The one time that they were stopped, Kurapica showed his Hunter card and they were let go.

They made it up to their floor in silence, and Kurapica bid farewell to his friends as they left the elevator. They walked wordlessly to their room and let themselves in. Kuroro closed the door behind them and walked to the couch, sitting down and taking out the book that he was currently reading. Already, Kurapica was moving toward the bathroom, likely headed to a better shower than the one at the crappy motel where they were holed up for a few days beforehand.

Kuroro had gone through a few chapters by the time the blond got out of the bathroom. He'd gotten to know Kurapica by now, and he expected that next would come tea or coffee. Kuroro frowned as he realized that, rather than go to the coffee machine, the blond's light footsteps were coming towards him. He looked up and saw Kurapica stop right in front of him, looking thoughtful.

Kuroro searched his face in silence, studying the light frown, the clear blue eyes, the wet hair dripping occasionally into his face. He waited for the younger man to speak, but Kurapica remained silent.

"Yes?" he finally prompted. "Is something wrong?"

He set his book down on the couch beside him, expecting Kurapica to ask him something or grouch about the debacle that had been their last burglary. Instead, the blond put one hand on his left shoulder, using it for balance as he straddled the older man. To say that Kuroro was surprised would be an understatement. He looked up, searching the blond's eyes, and was surprised to find desire there.

Kurapica had definitely not been an unwilling lover so far, but he had always seemed to need some coaxing before he would accept physical touches. Yet here he was, straddling Kuroro's lap, clearly demanding his attention. Well, Kuroro would be damned before he would refuse so sexy an invitation. He slid his hands around Kurapica's waist and under his sleeveless grey top.

Their lips met in a kiss, soft at first, gentle even. But then Kurapica nipped at his lower lip and tilted his head just so and Kuroro deepened the kiss with a soft groan. The blond's arms wrapped around his neck and he scooted up higher on his lap. He could feel Kurapica was getting aroused, and felt his own body react to the boy. He broke the kiss, wanting to see the look on the younger man's face.

As always, he was not disappointed. Kurapica rarely let his emotions show on his face. The rare times Kuroro got to see him losing control so beautifully was when they were touching like now. And when he had gotten hurt, which was an interesting development. The younger man tilted his head back. His lips were red and moist from their shared kiss. His hair was still wet from his shower, sticking to his skin, small rivulets of water dripping down his neck. Kuroro stopped thinking about their disastrous mission.

He let his hands wander down and pulled Kurapica closer. The blond gasped and let out the quietest of moans. Then, to Kuroro's dismay, he reached back, grabbed both of Kuroro's hands away from his buttocks and placed them firmly on either side of them, one on the armrest, the other on the cushion by his leg.