Chapter one- Human outcast

Shay Mitchell as Lena King

This is the sequel to vampire king, I advise you to read vampire king before this for a deeper understanding of things. But it can be read as a standalone :)

I will not tolerate any hate or any copying, I have full rights and I won't accept any translations of this story or for it to be published on any other site. If anyone has put it on another site please tell me; it is punishable by law.

Please enjoy this story! I really hope that you will love it and if you do don't be afraid to comment it or vote.

Now, let's get started!

5/3/17 2:38 pm
Brisbane, Australia.

When did you start reading this?

Write playlists if you want.
||
"Okay! Okay!" I groan giving up as he twists my arm behind my back painfully. Zachariah smirks and releases me jumping in the air in glee, "you always win, why so cheerful?" I grumble distastefully.

"Well sister, I love it when I see how annoyed you are that I'm always the one winning at these sort of things," he chuckles pinching my cheeks to which I slap him for.

"Yeah you're always winning at the physical things, whereas you are lacking in the brain department eh?" I smirk and he glares at me. I bolt away from him and I don't even know why because he always catches up to me since I'm human.

That's right, I'm human. I'm the one that everyone teases, I'm the outcast. I only have one friend. They still treat me horribly even though my mum and dad are the rulers of all vampires. Dad may or may not have killed someone because they were picking on me.... Let's just not elaborate on that any further.

I'm eighteen with sleek black hair that shines in the sun, my eyes are a dark brown sometimes people mistake them for black. I have tanned skin and I'm pretty tall, my facial features are sharp and I have a dimple on each cheek.

Zachariah is 20 years old, he said that he is going to stop ageing at 22. He has a stubble on his jaw that he never shaves but always keeps it clean and tidy, it apparently makes him more attractive. Well that's what he says, I think he looks like an old man. His hair is black too, however, his skin isn't as dark as mine- it's pale which he has always been jealous of my skin. He should be. Nah, just kidding. Zach is also really tall and he has hazel eyes with green specks in them. He is also known as the fastest runner out of everyone here.

I Yelp as he tackles me to the floor landing right on top of me, he doesn't even care that his weight is crushing me. "Get off me!" I scream seething with anger, he laughs and gets off me. I punch him on the cheek and stand up trying not to wince at the soreness on my fist from punching him. He's my brother, I can do that.

"Hey!" He exclaims grasping his cheek delicately. Rolling my eyes I walk inside ignoring him cussing at me, I simply don't care! I see Sam and Marcus talking to my parents and I smile at them. Sam and Marcus have two sons named Carter and Elliot, both of them don't like me but that's okay because the feeling is mutual. It really is stupid that the reason they don't like me is because I'm different, I can't help that. But we have to be friendly to each other in front of our parents. I remember in tenth grade they were teasing me and I punched them and I got in massive trouble. They're younger than me too!

A groan escapes my lips as I see Elliot and Carter playing on my PlayStation with Tom and Hunter. Tom and Hunter are Amy and Eduardo's kids by the way, Tom is nice to me but Hunter.... nah uh. I just like to think that all these vampires are jealous that I'm human because I get a choice if I want to be vampire or not and they don't. Carter looks at me and smirks, "well you look ugly today."

Looking at him in boredom I reply, "good, I was trying to look like you today." Tom smirks and looks at Carter to see his reaction, he's scowling. "Get off my PlayStation," I grumble and walk away towards my room. I mutter random words that I made up under my breath and fall onto my bed.

Just because I'm different they treat me like I've done something wrong. Sarcasm is my only defence as a human, yeah a Stiles Stilinski quote. It's important to not show them that they affect me, they practically feed on my hurt more than they feed on blood. I'm glad that I finished school last year, I had to be sent to a vampire school so Zachariah could 'look out' for me. But he never really was there. He didn't see the time that they pushed me down the stairs, when he asked where I got the bruises from and I said from running into a wall he believed me. He shouldn't have believed me. Because sometimes it would be nice for someone to notice and care. He didn't hear the times they teased me and when he saw me crying all he said was 'it'll get better.' Worst. Line. Ever. It never got better and I knew he knew that it never would get better until I'm like everyone else.

I felt like I wanted to die.

Dying is easy, it's living that is hard.
||
"Lena!" Bryn exclaims waving her hands about. Yeah, she's the only friend that I have. Bryn is gorgeous with her beautiful dark tanned skin, almost black eyes and her hair is black and wavy. She is somewhat like me, she gets teased sometimes because if her skin colour but it's honestly beautiful; I think they're jealous to be honest.

"Hey Bryn," I mutter with a wave, she shakes her head at me and slaps my head lightly. I pout and then glare at her, "rude."

"Anyways... Are you excited for the ball tomorrow night? Nearly all of the leaders from each coven will be there!" She grins jumping up and down, I look at her in horror.

"What if someone tries to eat me!" I exclaim, she rolls her eyes and pinches me.

"Your dad is Tyler King, I'm pretty sure that they will get killed if they tried to eat you Lena," she chuckles, my mouth forms into an 'o' shape and I nod slowly.

"I guess that you're right," I sigh scratching my head.

"Are you going to come tonight?" My eyebrows furrow then I look at her in realisation. Once a month all the vampires in our coven go hunting together, but newsflash; I ain't a vampire. Zachariah offered to give me a piggy back right the whole time but I didn't want to go. Everyone would just taunt me even more than they already do. Bryn always insists that I come, surprisingly she is the same age as me but was born a vampire.

"No," I mutter and she sighs. Bryn also isn't the type of girl to go on and on about boys, she likes playing the PlayStation with me and she likes being my friend. She doesn't really like to stay at her house because her parents fight a lot then they have make up sex which she obviously gets bothered about.

"I'm going to help you get ready tomorrow, okay? I'll come over to your house," she smiles, I smile softly at her and nod.

"Sure." She checks her phone and then sighs.

"Well I've got to go, I'll talk to you later Lena." She hugs me then walks off and I stare at her retreating figure.

"I'll be alone... as usual."
||
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the king of darkness!

I'm really sorry that this chapter was soooo short. The other chapters throughout this book will be longer :)

If you did comment, vote and share!

Keely xoxo