Chapter Two: Meeting Him (Arwen's Prospective)

I waited in the hospital bed. The pain of my ribs was killing me. The nurses had been trying to relocate them for about an hour with no luck. They had informed me that the best doctor in town was going to come help me.

    I didn't listen to any of the nurses as they spoke to me. There were about five of them surrounding me, but I payed no attention to them.

    I heard footsteps in the hallway and I guessed it was another nurse or the doctor finally arriving.

    The door opened and all the nurses turned away from me. I couldn't see who it was past them so I just closed my eyes, listening.

    "Dr. Cullen? Are you okay?" I heard the male nurse asked. So the doctor had arrived.

    "Oh, yes. I'm alright, just a little light headed for a moment, that's all." The doctor replied. He had a smooth voice that made my heart beat quicker. I kept my eyes closed even when I heard the nurses leave, it was only me and the doctor now.

    I heard Dr. Cullen walk over to my nightstand and grab my charts.

    "Hello Miss. Hathe, I'm doctor Cullen."

    "Hello." I said. My voice cracking from the pain of my ribs.

    I felt the doctor's eyes looking at me and he in took his breath quickly. I guessed I was either super ugly or beautiful.

    I opened my eyes and felt my heart skip a beat. My eyes locked with the doctor's. He was young, about my age. He was more handsome than any other person I'd seen. He looked more like a supermodel then someone who should be a doctor in Forks. He had paper white skin and perfect thin lips. He was tall and lanky and his light blonde hair was slicked back over his head. His eyes were what surprised me the most, they were a honey golden color, either he had contacts or I was crazy. I felt myself blush.

    "So what seems to be the problem Miss. Hathe?" He asked still staring at me.

    I felt my face turn scarlet, "I fell out of a tree saving a cat. I feel so embarrassed."

    Dr. Cullen smiled and I looked down at my hands. There were butterflies in my stomach and my heart was beating so quickly I thought it might hop out of my chest.

    Doctor Cullen told me he was going to take care of me himself and I smirked.

    "On one condition." I said.

    A smile played on his lips, "What is that?"

    "You will call me Arwen, not Miss. Hathe." I said still smiling.

    Doctor Cullen grinned and glanced over at me from his charts, "Sounds fair enough Arwen. In return, you will call me Carlisle."

    I giggled. "Okay Carlisle."

    I held my breath as Carlisle walked over to me and leaned down. I could smell his cold breath which stunned me. His scent was amazing, I couldn't tell what it was but my stomach turned from butterflies again. I flinched as Carlisle's ice cold hands touched my face, but I stayed still as he wiped away the tears on my cheeks. I felt my heart stop as he looked me in the eyes before standing to his full height. There was a small silence.

    He left after promising to return to help me. I rearranged myself on the bed, crying in pain. I cried silently, not wanting Carlisle to hear me. I listened to his footsteps glide away and I sighed. I'd never felt for someone like this. I wondered what he thinks of me.

    I waited for what seemed an eternity before Carlisle returned. He had his arms full with morphine and other things he would need to relocate my ribs. I swallowed hard and unconsciously began crying when I saw the needle in his hand.

    "Arwen? Are you okay?" he asked, looking suddenly concerned as he set all of the stuff down on the counter.

    I shook my head, "I'm terrified of needles."

    He sighed and brought over the needle, sitting next to me on the bed. "Well you are going to want this shot Arwen. Unless you would like me to relocate your ribs without the pain reliever."

    I rolled my eyes. He had a point. I closed my eyes and turned my head away from him. I felt Carlisle carefully grasp my arm and push the needle through my skin. I whimpered and flinched as the morphine pushed into my body. I felt Carlisle pull the needle out of my arm and I sighed, looking at him.

    "That wasn't that bad, was it?" He asked playfully.

    I turned scarlet again, "Only because you did it."

    Carlisle smiled. His face never blushing.

He reached out his arms to me and I grasped onto his shoulders tightly as he pulled my up into a sitting position. I cried out as he pulled me all the way up and I grasped as tight as I could to him. He put his hands on my waist and I grabbed his hands.

"I'll be careful."

"Thank you."

After Carlisle was done relocating my ribs he wrapped my ribs in a cast and let me lay down again. I looked at his face. His eyes searched mine as well and I smirked.

"It hurts a lot." I said closing my eyes again.

"I know, but the pain will pass, I promise." Carlisle said.

"Tell me about yourself, to distract me." I said, looking at Carlisle who seemed suddenly embarrassed.

"Oh okay, well what do you want to know?" He asked laughing.

His laugh was soft and low. I got the chills.

"Where were you born?" I asked.

"London." He replied quietly.

"How old are you?"

"23 years old, how old are you."

"20 years old."

I was happy we were near the same age.

I yawned and closed my eyes, and before I knew it sleep had overtaken me.

I dreamed of nothing, which I guess what an effect of the morphine. The sleep I had was easier than I thought. The pain of my ribs didn't wake me as I thought it would, and I felt safe, knowing that Carlisle had been there.