Chapter Six: The First Fight: Arwen's prospective

I groaned as I dragged myself out of bed. Carlisle would be here in a while and I had slept till noon, again. This sleeping in thing was becoming a habit since I worked graveyards at the office now.

I sat on the edge of my bed and streched my arms above my head, yawning. I stood up after a moment and walked over to the window, where in the sill sat my phone. I picked up the phone and clicked it on. I saw right away I had four new messages from Carlisle, two from my Mother, and one from my high school friend Jess.

I clicked on my Mother's text first. I wanted to read Carlisle's last, and I honestly didn't even know Jess very well anymore.

HEY HONEY! IT'S MOM! YOUR BOYFRIEND IS SUCH A GENTLEMAN, WHAT WAS HIS NAME AGAIN?

That was the first message. I laughed a little and scrolled down to the next text.

ARWEN? IS THIS THE RIGHT NUMBER?

I laughed aloud now. My mother repelled technedgy and she still has a flip.

HELLO! ARWEN? ARE YOU OUT ON A DATE WITH WHATS HIS NAME AGAIN?

I rolled my eyes as I began to respond.

HEY MOM. YES, THIS IS ARWEN. SORRY I SLEPT A LITTLE LATE. MY BOYFRIEND'S NAME IS CARLISLE CULLEN. TRY TO REMEMBER FOR ONCE PLEASE! IT WILL BE EMBARESSING IF YOU GET IT WRONG IN FRONT OF HIM. I LOVE YOU.

I clicked out of mom's messages after sending the text. I clicked on Jess's message and just saw one of those dumb chain reaction things from middle school. I clicked out of it after reading the first sentence.

I got ready to click on Carlisle's messages...

BUZZ-BUZZ

My phone began to ring loudly and I checked the caller ID. The call was from my Grandma and Grandpa on my mom's side. I clicked the green button and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello Arwen! This is Grandma Josie! How are you doing?" I heard my Grandmother's cheerful voice on the other line and I smiled.

"Hi Grandma! I'm doing well, how are you?" I said, twirling a piece of my  hair.

"I'm great! So what have you been doing lately dearie?" Grandma Josie asked.

I hesitated for a moment. I thought of Carlisle, would they aprove of him, unlike my father?

"Oh I um, got a boyfriend, so I've been hanging out with him a lot." I said quietly.

My Grandma squeled just like my mother and I had to hold the phone a few inches from my ear to prevent being defend.

"A BOYFRIEND! WHAT'S HIS NAME?" My grandma yelled through the phone.

"Yes my boyfriend. His name is Carlisle Cullen, and he is acually almost here so if you want to talk to him..."

I heard a knock on the door. I told my grandma to hold for a moment and I ran to the door. I opened it to find Carlisle, dressed fairly fancy at the door. Before he could say anything I reached out and grabbed his hand pulling him into the room.

"Arwen what-"

I held up my hand and picked up the phone again. I told my grandma I was back and Carlisle then understood.

"Would you like to talk to him now?" I asked. Carlisle widened his eyes, "Okay one sec."

I put my hand over the mouthpiece so Joise could not hear me. I told Carlisle she knew he was my boyfriend and she wanted to talk to him. Carlisle nodded hesitantly and took the phone. I clicked the speaker phone button right before it was out of reach.

"Hello?" Carlisle said, his voice smooth.

"Hello is this... uhhhhh...." My grandma had obviously already forgotten Carlisle's name.

I held back a laugh and Carlisle smiled. "This is Carlisle Cullen, Arwen's boyfriend."

My grandmother squealed again and Carlisle coughed to hide another laugh.

"I'm so happy for you two."

Carlisle smiled.

"Hey I'm sorry I've got to go, my taxi just arrived, goodbye Carlisle." Grandma Josie said.

"Goodbye." The phone beeped off and Carlisle and I let out our laughter.

"That was interesting." Carlisle said laughing. I grinned.

"She's old. Give her a break."

Carlisle leaned to me and pushed his ice cold lips against mine for a moment before he slipped away into a mere hug.

"I see you fed."

Carlisle's eyes were a light topaz and they were not even beginning to blacken around the edges.

Carlisle smiled my favorite crooked smile, "I can't ever lose control around you."

I looked at his hands. They were set carefully in mine, and for the first time I noticed how extremely careful he always was with me, as if I was a fragile piece of glass, about to topple to the ground, only to land in shards.

"Arwen, you look like your going to cry." Carlisle said. His soft voice broke my thoughts and I realized my eyes were tear filled, the liquid about to spill over onto my cheeks.

I wiped my eyes against my shirt sleeve, "I had something in my eye."

Carlisle laughed briefly, but his expression hardened again quickly. He sat and pulled me next to him, his ice cold skin freezing against me.

"Tell me, I won't leave until you do."

I sighed and looked everywhere but Carlisle's eyes, for I was afraid of what they would be saying now, "I realize now, that one day I'm gonna be all old and gross and you are still going to be... perfect."

Carlisle looked at me with a surprised, almost discussed expression. "Perfect?"

I nodded.

"I'm far from perfect Arwen," Carlisle said, standing up. The absence of his body left me self conscious, "I am a monster."

I rolled my eyes and stayed sitting as Carlisle stood above me. He was still as stone, his marble face painted with an anger I had never seen, the fire in his eyes scared me, a little. His mood had completely changed, I had said something I shouldn't.

"You would never hurt anyone." I protested, now standing too, "We both know that."

Carlisle was silent for a moment. He looked away from my face, his eyes on something far from here.

"If I lost control, for just one second... if my plan backfired..."

I felt anger rushing through me, "You have plenty of self control Carlisle! I know because if you didn't, I doubt I would be standing in this room right now."

I stepped back in fear when Carlisle looked at me. His eyes were murderous and they showed none of his normal pleasantness, or kindness. I felt my heart begin to beat faster as he stepped towards me and leaned a hand on the wall behind me, trapping me there.

"Do you know how badly I wanted to kill you? How many times I had to tell myself not to sink my teeth into your skin, and taste your blood?" He said. His voice was low and dangerous.

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came. Carlisle leaned away from me. He grabbed his jacket and turned to the door.

"Where are you going?" I yelled. My voice cracking from the fear of his answer.

Carlisle shot me a glance over his shoulder. I swallowed hard as he grasped the door handle with all his strength. "I'm leaving, I can't hurt you. I will see you later."

Before I could protest him leaving he slammed the door and the tears finally spilled over.