Chapter Three: The Date (Carlisle's Prospective)

Arwen got out of the hospital three days after I took care of her. She had read the note I left her and she had accepted my invite to hang out. Today was the first day I would see her outside of the hospital.

    I walked down the stairs and smoothed out my sweater. Edward, who was sitting at the dining table reading glanced up as I entered the room.

    "Wow, you look fancy. What's the occasion?" He asked smirking.

    I glanced over at him, "You already know Edward. I don't HAVE to tell you."

    Edward laughed wholeheartedly and I grinned.

    "Are you really going to wear that?" Edward asked. I looked down at my outfit and looked at him with confusion.

    "What's wrong with it? We're just going to dinner." I said, tilting my head slightly.

    "I'm no love expert," Edward said sarcastically, "But you look like you just came from a barn."   

    I frowned at him. "I could care less what you think."   

    Edward shrugged his shoulders, "Your call."

    I paced around for about ten minutes before the doorbell rung throughout the house. I ran my fingers through my hair one last time and then ran to open the door.

    I opened the door to see Arwen. Her red hair was pulled into a messy bun, and she wore a tight black long sleeved shirt with blue jeans. I grinned at her appearance and her cheeks flushed pink.

    "Hello Carlisle." Arwen said.

    "Hello Arwen. Would you like to come in, or shall we just go?"

    Arwen shrugged her shoulders and smiled up at me, "We could just go if you want ."

    I smiled and stepped outside. Closing the door softly behind me. I didn't really want to introduce her to Edward anyway.

    "So how are your ribs doing?" I asked.

    Arwen looked up and met my eyes, "They are much better."

    "Good."

    Arwen bit her lip and looked down the driveway. I watched her gaze as her eyes scanned the cars. "Who's car should we take?"

    "We can take mine. I'll drive." I said. I walked over to my Mercedes S55 and opened the passenger side door for her. Arwen grinned and climbed in. I shut the door carefully and jogged over to the driver's side.

    I climbed into the car and looked over at Arwen to see her looking right back at me. She blushed and I smiled. I started the engine and backed out of the driveway.

    "So do you have anything you desperately need to talk about?" I asked.

    Arwen kept her eyes on my face. "Not really. Do you?"

    "Well you asked me all the questions, so I think it's my turn." I said laughing. A smile played Arwen's lips.

    "Shoot." She said playfully.

    I sighed, thinking for a moment. "What do you think of me Arwen? I won't take any of it weird."

    Arwen was silent for a moment. I glanced over at her. Her body was facing me but her head was turned to the window, she was obviously thinking of how she was going to answer.

    "I think of you as a amazing man. You are obviously more handsome than any supermodel I've ever seen, and I've never felt this way about anyone before."