Spotted

I hid under the bench for a while after listening to the boys conversation. I would definitely be the perfect cat for them, but I couldn't quite trust them. They could be undercover workers from the Animal control, looking for me.

I heard footsteps coming up behind me. I could tell that whoever it was was trying to be sneaky. They were getting closer....closer....closer.

And then they stopped.

My little heart was pounding faster than it should have been. The footsteps had silenced, but I could feel eyes staring directly at me.

"Can I help you little guy?"

It was the voice of the tall blonde man that was talking earlier.

"There's a bald kitty under there!"

It sounded like a child speaking.

"Oh really! Is there?"

The two guys stood up, revealing my hiding spot. They positioned themselves so they were one the same side as the little kid. The brunette bent down so he was looking at me.

"Oh my God! Scott! There is a sphinx cat under here!"

Before the blonde could respond, a woman's voice filled my ears.

"Jack! Get over here right now! I was looking all over for you! Don't you EVER leave my sight again!"

The mother probably would've kept yelling at Jack but Scott interuptted.

"Ma'am, your son found a cat hiding under here. We can't just leave it here or Animal Control will come and take it instead!"

I was glad at least someone cared about me.

The mother spoke.

"I suppose I can drop it off at the Animal shelter later today. That way it can be adopted."

"Ok thanks!" The blond respond.

Animal shelter sounded a lot like Animal Control. I must be better, because she said I would be adopted.

She reached under the bench to grab me, but I didnt resist. She was taking me to a safe place, I hoped.

I was in here arms as she walked with Jack to her minivan. She opened the back door and let me inside. I layed down curled up on the backseat until Jack came and plopped down next to me. I got up from my comfortable position and made my way to the front of the car as it started to move.

"Wait kitty! You need a seatbelt!"

Those words just made me walk faster until I reached the passenger seat. I got up on top of the dashboard and began to walk across it, so the woman would see me.

"Oh my goodness! Jack! I told you to control this cat!

"It wouldn't listen! I told it to come back here so I could put a seatbelt on it, but it went up there instead!"

We pulled over and slowed to a stop. The woman picked me up and tossed me to the backseat. "Jack, hold on to this cat! We are almost to the Animal shelter."