Ch. 1 Leo

Leo POV:

Leo put down his toy helicopter that he made and glanced at the clock.  "Shit." He muttered under his breath when he saw that it was 10P.M. It was August 31st, the day before he stared freshman year. Leo hurried around his small, but comfortable room in an attempt to pack his bag for tomorrow. When he was satisfied with the stuff he gathered, pencils, a calculator, his textbooks, a few notebooks, and his schedule, he sat down on his bed and started cleaning up the little scraps of metal.

With it being summer, all that was on Leo's bed was a thin blanket, but even so he felt like he was suffocating. He was worried that this would be just like his old school. What if he couldn't make any friends, he always tried to make it seem like he was a lone wolf, when in reality he needed friends to talk and laugh with.

"What if people don't like me?" He worried under his breath. "What if I get lost? What if I forget my pants?"

His worries started getting weirder and more irrational until he eventually thought, "What if my algebra teacher turns into a giant bat-like creature and tries to kill me!?" He chuckled at himself for thinking that, rolled over, and immediately fell asleep.

(A/N) Sorry for the super short chapter I promise they will get longer from here. ~Mel ❤️