[5]

"jungkook? i thought you were eating alone." yeri stood up as she saw jungkook approaching the table.

"uh, yeah, i just decided it would be better to hang out instead of being by myself." he shyly smiled. she smiled back.

"well then, come sit." yeri said, pulling jungkook over to the table to sit next to her.

"jungkook's back!" tallying exclaimed as he saw jungkook and yeri sit down. jungkook was shyly smiled and bowed his head.

they showered him with warm welcomes as he sat down. it felt good. after being alone for quite some time, feeling wanted was a feeling he never wanted to lose.

_

"ugh, jungkook, i'm never gonna understand this." yeri whined, throwing down her pencil.

"you just need to be patient. not everyone gets it on their first time." he replied.

"can i just drop out? i'd rather become a kpop star than do this." she made a sour face. he smiled at her and leaned back in his seat.

"even if you were to become a kpop star, you would have to resume your studies at some point."

"ugh, i hate when your right." yeri groaned, banging her head on the table.

"come on, yeri. do you want me to explain it to you again?" he asked.

"yes, that'd be very helpful." she sighed, sitting up.

jungkook, for the 5th time, explained to yeri how to do a math concept. they were sitting in her bedroom. jungkook had agreed to come over and help tutor her, but so far, yeri was still confused.

"do you get it now?" he asked.

"can you show it to me? like make a problem and solve it?"

he nodded. he took one of their practice problems and began to solve it, explaining each step as he went through the problem.

he watched her puzzled face staring at the problem he had just solved. she looked adorable as everything was slowly moving around in her head, trying to understand the concept.

"so, if i do this." she says, marking the paper. "i'll get the answer of x."

he nodded.

"well, that's so simple! how did i not understand that before?" she exclaimed, her eyebrows creased, glaring at the paper.

he just chuckled at her reaction. he didn't know how with each passing moment, she became even more cute and lovable than she already was.

"thank you so much, jeon. i finally understand how do stuff." she smiled at him.

"yeah, it's no problem, yeri. i can tutor you whenever you need help." he smiled back.

"i'm not sure if you want to make that promise. i'll probably need a lot of help in the future." she grimaced.

"i don't mind having to help you a lot. i have a lot of fun whenever i hang out with you." he said. he realized what he said and blushed.

"aw, i'm glad you feel that way, kook. you're probably one of my closest friends since i transferred." she gushed, her cheeks unknowingly turning a light shade of pink.

"well, you did reach out to me. and i'm glad you did because it's been a while since i've smiled so much in my life."

"so, do you want to study some more? or would you rather take a movie break?" yeri questioned.

"well, what movie is it?"

"train to busan."

"let's do it."

yeri smiled, pulling jungkook downstairs. they made some snacks together before settling down on the couch. yeri selected 'train to busan' on her premium dramafever accounts, snuggling up next to jungkook while eating her popcorn.

jungkook felt how close she was and he didn't mind it. there was a guilty sense nagging at the back of his head, but he tried to ignore it. he kept telling himself they were just friends watching a movie. nothing more. jungkook liked the way yeri felt. she felt warm and comforting. jungkook wouldn't have mind snuggling a bit closer to her.

they stayed close together, wrapping a blanket around them. yeri would hide her face in jungkook's shirt whenever a scary part would come on, screaming. then she would cry in his shirt as well when a sad part was being broadcasted, wetting his shirt.

jungkook found all her reactions amusing. he had watched the movie before, so he knew what to expect. he didn't mind that yeri would jump every so often, or that she would wet his shirt with her tears. he just enjoyed her company. her aura made him happy.

soon the movie came to an end and the pair were covered in blankets and popcorn crumbs. they began to clean up, hoping for it be clean before yeri's parents came home. they finished gussying up the living room and jungkook prepared to leave.

"i had a lot of fun today, jungkook." yeri smiled as she walked him to the door.

"yeah, same here." he replied, returning the warm smile.

"hey, jungkook?"

"yeah."

"i-i have something to tell you."

"okay."

"jeon jungkook...i like you."

_

happy birthday queen yeri!! wow this girl is 19 (american age 18) already tf. didn't she debut when she was like 16 has it really been 3 years already wow. anyways to celebrate yeri's birthday, not only have i updated this chapter, i'm also starting my idea i mentioned in the last chapter! i will have a series called the 'btsvelvet high-school series'. so instead of doing full chapters, i'm going to write the book like the 2 people are texting each other. and guess who the first couple is going to be? ;))

anyways, by the time i post this chapter, the first book, freshmen, should also be out, so check it out if you'd like:) i hope you enjoyed and don't forget to comment and vote!💕

-abbie💞