[9]

"on march 18, 2017 at 5:17 pm, lee jieun was pronounced dead." 

_

he was empty.

it was all so surreal. he couldn't believe she was gone. she couldn't be gone. memories played back in his head of them two.

"yah, jeon jungkook!"

he raised his head at her voice.

"hm?"

"are you falling asleep in the middle of our study group?" she giggled.

"we've been studying for so long, let's do something fun." he pouted.

she smiled at him. "well, what do you want to do?"

"jungkook!" a voice snapped him out of his doubts. he looked over and swore he saw jieun, but it faded into yeri's figure.

"the funeral is going to start soon..." she said, quietly. she wore a black collared shirt, a black tennis skirt, with some black leggings, and black flats.

he nodded, getting up from his seat under the tree. he was a wearing a fitted suit. they walked side by side into the church where jieun's funeral would be held. she glanced at jungkook as they began to walk. his face was the same it had been that day she rushed him out of the room. blank.

she couldn't help but feel guilty. she didn't know why.

they walked into the chapel. yeri watched him walk off to the front, where he sat near her parents. she sighed, deciding he should have some space. she went to go sit with her friends instead, since the whole junior class had been invited since it was the class jieun had been in.

sooyoung wrapped her arm around yeri's shoulders, rubbing her arm supportively. even though yeri had technically never met the girl, it felt like she had. as if there was some sort of connection between the two.

jungkook took a seat next to his parents at the front of the room. he stared at the casket. he still couldn't believe that she was gone. she was laying there, right in that casket. he tore his eyes away and looked at the ground. his mother took his hand and grasped it tightly.

he watched as her mother went to the front and began speaking. but he couldn't hear her. all he saw was her mouth just moving. no sound. he stared at her until she turned to him and kindly smiled. his mother slightly elbowed him.

"i'd like to ask a loyal friend of hers to share so words."

he sat there for a moment before walking up to the center of the room.

"uh, hello. i'm jeon jungkook, jieun's boyfriend. i had known jieun since middle school and i wasn't manly enough until freshman year to finally ask her out."

he took a deep breath.

"jieun was not only my girlfriend, she was the best friend i could ever ask for. she was extremely caring. she would take care of those she loved when they were sick, not worrying about whether she would catch the illness. she always had a smile on her face and shared laughter wherever she went. she was beautiful, both on the outside and inside. i was proud to call her my girlfriend.

"she was too good for this world. maybe that's why she was sent to heaven."

_

yeri shuffled around her room. she had changed out of her funeral outfit and dressed more comfortably. she didn't know what would happen now. her feelings for jungkook were still there, still the same.

she sighed. she didn't know what would become of the two.

leaving her room, she travelled downstairs and began to make herself some food. her parents weren't home, they were out visiting a friend.

she scanned the cupboards, searching for what she could eat. she decided ramen. it was a comfort food. she pulled out a pot and filled it with water, setting in on the stove so it could boil. she placed the ramen to the side and was about to turn on the tv, when the doorbell rang.

she furrowed her eyebrows, wondering who it could be. her parents would've just walked right in. her friends had all left to study after the funeral. she walked to the front door and opened the door.

"j-jungkook." she said, surprised. "what are you-"

he cut her off by stepping into her house and wrapping his arms tightly around her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"jungkook?"

"i just need someone right now." he replied, placing his head on top of hers.

"well, you know, i'm not exactly the best person to hug since i'm short, but you're a nice person to hug, you know, since tall people are nice to hug and-"

"it's fine, yeri." he slightly smiled, pulling her closer. "you're a great hugger."

she smiled against his chest and wrapped her arms around him. she looked up at him and frowned. reaching up, she wiped away the tears from his face.

"hey, it's going to be okay." she said, softly. he nodded, taking her small hands from his face.

"i know. especially since i have you now."

_

hello! ok so, sadly, the next chapter will be the end of this book :( but don't worry, bc i have another ongoing jungri fic and also i have a btsvelvet book that will feature jungri, so yeah.

please help support me by clicking the link in my bio! read all about it and decide if you'd like to help :)

hope you enjoyed this chapter! don't forget to vote and comment!💞

-abbie💘