Prolouge

"How do you even get detention before the school day starts." Jessica groans through the phone. "It's not my fault, the nerd basically screamed 'hit me'!" I exclaim through the phone, getting some glances from passing students. I send them a glare and they look away. "Max, you have to stop this, if you get one more detention this semester there are going to be con-" my guardian's lecture was cut off by the sound of the bell. "Bye Jess, I'm gonna be late." I mutter through the phone and hang up without a response.

I shove my hands in my pockets and stride down the hall and into my first hour class and take a seat with my friends. Once the bell rang the roll call was taken. "Ivy Grey." The monotone teacher calls. A girl in the back raises her hand slightly and says a quick 'here', a smile on her face. I take a minute to examine her, then it clicks.

Ivy Grey. The girl from freshmen year.
She seemed to have changed a lot too; lost the braces and glasses, lost weight, and a lot of other things I remembered of her. She was the nerd of the school. And now, she has boys head over heels over her. Keston tapped her on the shoulder and winked at her. She smiled and just looked the teachers way again.

"Now that that's done, let's get your table groups assigned." The teacher claps her hands, projecting the names of student paired up.

And how cliche, me and little miss peppy sit next to each other. I mentally groan and gather my things, and see that Ivy didn't even have to move. I slam my things on the table and sit down on the rocks that these people call chairs. "Hello! I'm Ivy! Whats your name?" She asks me in a happy tone. I swear, if she keeps this up I'm going to put myself in suspension. You know how?

By preventing her from speaking. If you know what I mean.

"Max." I grunt, not in the mood for talking. "Killer." She mutters to herself, and it makes me smirk. "Killer what, killer looks? Abs? Charm?" I mock, smirking at the scowl-faced girl next to me. "More like killer of joys." She sends back. "At least I'm not peppy and happy all the time." I retort, my anger building up inside. She smiles. "At least I know how to control my emotions before it brings something to me." She whispers before looking at our teacher. "What do you me-"

"Mr. Spencer!"