Chapter three

Lunch rolled around like the seasons- a long fucking time. I sighed in relief when the bell rang and I ran out of class, opening my locker, and slamming it shut after I put my stuff away. "Dude, it's just lunch, you're not going to die." Ethan, my best friend, chuckles at my actions. "I don't care, I fucking love lunch." I shout, throwing my hands in the air.

Ethan rolls his eyes and we walk into the cafeteria. "Look who's sitting at our table now." Ethan points to our table. I look and do a double take.

Ivy was sitting there.

I look away when we make contact and walk to the lunch line, grabbing some food. "So what are we going to do about her?" I blurt out without thinking. Ethan turned and stared at me for a second, thinking. "We could see how she is first. Remember, never judge a book by its cover. In this case, Ivy." I stare at him in wonder. Ethan has always been very smart, he just never liked to show it.

I pay for my lunch and me and Ethan go to our table and sit down. I eye Ivy curiously until I look away from her, focusing on my delicious tater tots. These are the only good things the cafeteria has, I'm just saying. These are like little pieces of heaven in your mouth. "Sunshine, where are you going?" Jase's voice rings in my ears and I look up from my food. Ivy was moving out of the seat. "I'm going to the library for a sec." She says calmly. "Fine, come here." Jase pulls her hand and kisses her passionately until she lets go. "I'll be right back." She smiles and leaves the cafeteria. "When did you guys start dating?" Ethan asks Jase, an eyebrow arched. "We started dating this morning, but I've been planning on dating her for many years." He explained.

"Let go of me!" Someone yells outside. The whole cafeteria stops what they're doing and become silent. "I said let go!" The voice yells again. "Not today little girl. Mr. Brown told us you were here." A man's voice floods over the girl's. "Not today dad!" Jase mutters and jumps out of his seat, kicking the doors open. "Let's go with him." I announce, doing the same as Jase.

I follow Jase's footprints and make a sharp turn when I hear voices. I turn around and see that Ethan is behind me, Kyle following. "Let her go." Jase says to the man holding a sack. "No can do Mr. Brown. Your father wants her for interrogation." The man shakes his head. "What's with the sack then?" Jase gestures to the thrashing sack. "She wasn't cooperating." The man shrugs. "Let me go!" The voice says again.

"That's Ivy's voice!" A girl says behind me, startling me. "Who are you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at the girl in front of me. You can say that she was pretty, with her blonde hair cascading down her shoulders in curly waves. She basically looks like a copy of Ivy, except Ivy has green eyes, and ginger hair. She was prettier than this girl, but that's just the truth.

"You don't need to know that now." The girl says, running around the corner. "Let Ivy go!" She yells. "Jasmine?" Jase speaks in shock, looking at the girl. "Let me say this again since you obviously are deaf; let. Ivy. Go. Now." She says menacingly. A chill runs through my spine. This girl was terrifying. "You think this little kid can help you." The man punches the bag, and a growl erupts from it.

"Brax, come on, let her go." Jase pleads. "No sir, your father needs her." He snaps, and tries to walk away. Yes, I said tried. Ivy manages to tear the sack and jumped out, kneeing the man where the sun don't shine in the process. She lands on the ground and the man falls to the ground face first, clearly knocked out. She walks over to Jase and shoves a finger in his chest. "We're done. Go ahead and tell the whole school what you saw, I don't give a shit." She says menacingly. Jase stands there in shock as Ivy walks away, and the bell rings.

We all stand there in shock and we couldn't move, even when people were filing through the halls. Only one question runs through my head.

What is Ivy talking about?