Chapter 6

Vanessa's POV

I get woken up to blood curling screams. It's my mothers scream. I jolt out of bed and run downstairs as fast as I can.

When I walk around the corner, the first thing I see is blood. The slower I walk the more nervous I get. When I finally walk into the kitchen I see my father. He is laying on the ground with a pile of blood around his head and a whiskey bottle in his hand.

My mother is bent over by him, holding his hand and tears poring out of her eyes.

"The last text I got was at 12:08 last night. He said he loved us and that was it." She says in a whisper.

"M-Mom.. where's Liam?" I ask in a much lower voice with tears also coming down my checks.

"Just call him and tell him to come home before I call the police so they can get the body." She says shaking.

I rush upstairs and grab my phone, I quickly dial Liam's number and he answers on the first ring.

"Yes." He says harshly, probably still mad from last night.

"Can you please hurry and get home?" I ask him with a shaky voice.

"Van? What's wrong?"

'It's.. It's dad." I say bursting into tears. "Please hurry Liam!" I beg and hang up.

Ten minuets later his car pulls up, I rush out side and hug my brother. He pushes me off and runs inside and I quickly follow.

When I see him standing in the kitchen, he's sobbing as well.

After about an hour of trying to get my mom away from dad, I go upstairs and burry my self in my bed.

*************

When I wake up it's 5:30. I grab my phone off my night stand and call Niall.

"Hey!" He says in that adorable Irish accent.

"Hey." I bluntly say.

"Something wrong?"

"My dad passed away this morning and I don't think it's a good idea to be going on a date. I'm sorry. But can we reschedule?" I ask him.

"I'm so sorry. Yes we will defiantly reschedule." He says with worry in his voice.

"Okay. Thanks Niall."

"Welcome. Bye Vanessa."

"Bye."

And with that, I hang up the phone. I remember I haven't ate all day. I pick my self out of bed and walk over to my moms room. She's fast asleep with a picture of dad in her hand over her heart. I close the door and walk down the steps.

When I walk in the kitchen, Liam is sitting in the chair looking off into space.

"He's gone just like that. Out of no where."

I don't say anything. I just grad a bowl of grapes and head upstairs. Right when I get into my bed room there is a knock at the door and Liam says quietly but loud enough to hear, I'll get it.