Godparents| 6

"So, Who're the godparents?"

"The baby isn't even fully developed yet, Javi." I laughed as he squealed from the excitement on the other end of the phone. "It'd Just better be us!" Kayla said sassily.

"Damn it y'all can I get to asking first?" I laughed. "Oh by all means. Give us a formal proposal." Javi smiled. "Will you Javier De La Rosa and Kayla Blackwell be the godparents of my child?" I asked dramatically.

"Of course we will!" Kayla practically cried. The two smiled in the camera while they sat on the beach. They were happy. If anybody deserved it, it was them. "When are you coming back, Kayla?" I asked.

"At the end of the month."

"Awww That's too long a wait. I miss you, I miss both of you." I frowned. "You gonna come and visit for the holidays, Javi?" I asked.

"I hope to. I miss everyone, I think I want to move back up north at the end of the year. This isn't my only private estate. I just don't want to run the risk of anyone recognizing me."

"Your hair is longer and darker, your tanner, and you're sporting a full beard instead of the stubble. I barely recognize you, I doubt anyone else will." I countered. "You May be right."

"But you left New York for a reason. More than one actually. I don't think you should let yourself back into any of that. I'm happy to work with the long-distance if you're happy and safe." Kayla told him. "I know baby. I want to keep an open mind about it though. We'll have to think about logistics." He reasoned.

"Anyway, How did Sebastian Take it?" Javier asked to change the subject. "Can we Um-Can we Not talk about him right now? I did tell him, don't worry. But let's focus on you two." I said with a forced smile.

"Alrighty."

I continued to talk to both of them until they had to go. I didn't realize that I'd miss them so much, until after that call. Not only them though, but I also missed Evie and Jace and my brothers. While I learned over the past four months to be okay with being by myself, I still missed their company.

:::

My eyes shot open and I sat up abruptly in the bed. I hadn't had a nightmare in a while and the one I'd just woken up from was different than the rest. It was so different that I wasn't even sure if I could categorize it as a nightmare. It was the kind that left you with a slight chill.

I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to get my mind to recuperate before heading to the bathroom to get myself ready for work. I had a bunch of meetings and a few interviews for a new PA today. I wasn't feeling up to any of that though.

It didn't take me long to handle my morning routine and when it was done, I met Logan at the car. "Good morning, Did you pick up breakfast?" I asked.

"Morning, ma'am. It's in the bag back there already." He smiled. "Thank you, darling. Always thinking."

Upon arriving at the workplace I did a quick motivational speech in my head before going inside. I smiled at everyone I passed, checked in with employees who had met with me to talk about anything going on, and I made sure that I reminded everyone they were doing well.

"Your 8 am is waiting in the conference room and all the mail you requested is on your desk." The secretary, Lana said as I passed her desk. My 8 am? I must've forgotten I had an early meeting. "Thanks, Lana, don't forget your break at 12," I replied. "I won't!"

I stepped into the conference room and the first thing my eyes landed on was the brunette pacing in front of the windows. I cleared my throat lightly and she jumped a little. The tall light-skinned women turned to me and offered a small smile as she approached me. "I-I'm Isa." She said nervously as she extended her hand toward me. Her accent stood out to me. But I couldn't quite place where she could be from.

"I'm Nyla, nice to meet you. Please excuse my slight tardiness. I completely forgot I had a meeting first thing. Please, take a seat." I said politely. She nodded and I went to the filing cabinet in the far corner. "Let me just pull up the Agenda of this meeting. What's your last name?" I asked.

"Oseni." She replied.

I searched through my virtual and paper files for our meeting agenda but came up with nothing. "I'm sorry, it seems I've misplaced our meeting's agenda. Could you please remind me of what your business is?"

"Im Um...see about that. I didn't—well I tried to but I didn't exactly schedule a meeting." She said. "What do you mean? How did you even get in then?" I asked as I reached for the phone to page Logan.

"Wait, wait please don't call security. I can explain myself."

I scoffed as my mind began to jump to all the possible reasons she could be here. Maybe she's a journalist looking to report on the women who took over Velucci Tech. What if she's here because of him.

"Is your real name even Isa? Who the hell are you?"

"Yes, yes. I'm really Isa Oseni. I'm here because...well...I think—I think I'm your sister." She said.