1 Well Crap.

That's me. That's my number. Me, Melody (Mel) Hanson. I look at my parents,scared and shocked. Out of everyone that could have been chosen. School had just been shut down a couple weeks ago due to the bombings. Not a real perk of living in New York, your close to a lot of important buildings and such. She leaves the living room hoping to escape the silence and fear that was in the room. Going to the bathroom hoping to escape she sighs looks in the mirror and sheds a tear. She had already lost her brother in the war now she has to go too. She wipes the tear and leaves the bathroom. I must be strong, she tells her self, for them. Walking back into the living room you can hear the quivering tears as her mother crys for her and her father comforts her.

As I lay in my bed for the last time in a long time. I think about everything I'll miss. I'll think about my incomplete senior year .
I think about what god has planned in my future and hopefully it's good.

The next day I get out of bed and start packing. I know parents won't talk to me before I leave they didn't to Danny before he left. So I guess now I'm officials on my own. Before I leave the house I grab the drafting information sheets I got when I did turn 18 and bring them to the court house to be finalized.

"Ok that's it. You've been officially drafted and put into the Air Force." Said the judge I shake at her words.
"Thanks, I guess" I whisper as I make my way out the door. Ok where to next I questionably think as I look at the papers the judge gave me.
/John F. Kennedy National Airport/
So that plane is gonna take me to Texas, where I train for three months then debating on my "skill set" I'll be sent to a certain place to officially fight.
Oh dear god.
I throw up. I fricken throw up and I'm about to go to war. If I see myself now from two years ago I would have been so different.
Whining my mouth of that nasty crap I call a taxi and I make my way to the air port.
Walking inside to my suprise where my parents they looked at me and gave a half smile.
"We love you Mel, come home safely."
My said tearing up along with my father. A nice group hug for my goodbye as I got my bags and walked on the plane.