12.

"JUNGKOOK!"

Jungkook freezes 'how does he know..?!'

The younger doesn't know what to do, he wants to run but also wants to stay and talk. Shoving his hands in his pockets and keeping his hood on, he starts walking away, not even turning to look at Taehyung. 'I can't let him get hurt because of me'

He can hear Taehyung sigh and then there are footsteps coming from behind.
  "Jungkook,"
He's stopped by a hand on his arm. Taehyung turns him around "Please"

The boy flinches, his bruised arm hurting from the slightest touch, even though Taehyung was gentle. The older immediately notices his discomfort and pulls his hand away.

Jungkook looks down at the ground, keeping quiet. What is he suppose to say at such a moment?

"I'm sorry.... How about we go for a walk, in the park?"

Jungkook hesitates, but throwing all fears away, he gives a hesitant nod.

Soon they're both walking trough the empty park, Jungkook kept his head down all the time. Taehyung probably noticed the bruise on his cheek or the cut on his lip when they bumped into each other, but he still doesn't want to look up, just in case.

"Why are you out so late?" he hears Taehyung ask.

  "What about you?" He avoids the question.
  "I just left work"
Jungkook gives a nod.

"Why didn't you answer my messages?"

'And what do I say now?'
"I-....I'm sorry, I had a busy day"

"No no, you don't have to apologise! I was just.....worried"

Jungkook sighs "I don't understand" he mumbles.

  "Hm?"

"Why would you worry about me..."

  "Well," Taehyung starts "It's just how I am, and everyone needs somebody to worry about them"

They walk in silence for a few more minutes. Taehyung leaves the path and starts walking on the grass, Jungkook watches in curiosity as the older gets closer to the pond, sitting near the edge. He turns to look at Jungkook. The younger takes the hint and walks over to sit beside Taehyung, once again in silence.

"I once fell into this pond"

Jungkook actually turns to look at Taehyung with an amused expression "What?"
The older chuckles "It's really shallow so it hurt when I hit the bottom"

As childish as it seems, Jungkook's full attention is on him now "How did that happen?

"I was out with my friend, Namjoon, we decided it's a good idea to skip last two classes of school" he stares at the water "we were walking around the park" Taehyung looks up and points at the other side of the pond,
"You see that bench there?"

Jungkook looks at where he's pointing "Yea?" He nods.

"Namjoon was kind of more...uhm towards guys? And there was someone he liked sitting there reading... So me-" he laughs at the thought "-being the amazing friend I am, decided I'll help him ask the dude out"

Jungkook looks at Taehyung with a smile playing at his lips, gesturing for him to continue.

"Namjoon of course didn't like the idea but before he could do anything, I was speeding towards the guy. We were at the other side of the pond but just when I reached the bridge, Namjoon caught up and stopped me. I struggled so he'd let me go, which was a very bad idea, and ended up being pushed into the water" The older pouts.