Chapter 3

Written by: _smuga_

I squeezed past my new members, tightly clasping my hands into fists and edged out of the door. After about two minutes of my brain quivering with relentless questions on what the fuck just happened, I turned around, catching a glimpse of Davika and Seulrae.

I've seen them both showcase their abilities before in some performances as a trainee and gathered they knew each other. Davika came across as very confident and self approved to me, even at the trainee performances but... now I'm in a group with her? I heard she was going to debut solo? What the fuck happened to that?
Eh, ever since I've been here I've seen Seulrae around, her and her smaller friend Bikun were always placed respectively in the social trainee hierarchy. My friends and I used to watch them perform individually and... I mean... God I wish I could sing. Aha aha. I can't. I've seen Sunyoung around too, less outgoing, more of a dark horse but very talented. I only joined this entertainment for Yoongs though. We've been friends for years and when I was at the point of choosing one, he just reached over and chose for me. Ya know, I was gunna choose BigHit anyway but oh well.

I made my way outside, rubbing my hands in the cold weather and folding them to retain any residual heat I had absorbed in the building. I sighed, creating a cloud of vapour in front of me in the cold air and walked eastward to my apartment.
Walking there, in spite of the electric lights, Seoul seemed like an alien city, especially if you are walking through it alone. In the more secluded streets, once the pubs are closed, and at a distance from the 24-hour convenience stores, the luminescent gleam of the street lamps, or the flickering streetlight in front of a sleepy minicab stand, offer little consolation. There are alleys and street corners and shop entrances where the darkness appears to collect in a solid mass. There are secluded squares which offer a weird sound of their own stillness. Plotted haphazardly are buildings, monuments and statues that, at a distance, and in the absence of people, pulsate mysteriously in the minimal light. There were foxes that sloped and trotted across the road as people interrupted their attempts to pillage scraps from upended bins. It wasn't as charming as I remember it being this morning to say the least.

As I arrived at my apartment, I unlocked the door with my aluminium key, jolting it to the side slightly and turning it. Sighing as I opened the door and dropped my bags, my head still flooded with thoughts about this fucking group.
What a group; we're all talented in one way or another but seriously how diverse can you get?
PDnim really did a number on us but eh, I'm so starving; food. I removed my cap and placed it on a cabinet when an aromatic wave of ramen cascaded my nose.
Yo?! The fuck?! Whahsjdnsn who has ramen?!
I almost collapsed head first and cracked my head open on the cabinet I put my cap on when I stopped myself and glanced at the mini porch area I had going on.
Did... did I always own those shoes?... I noticed a pair of black, polished shoes.
Okay, no, I'm not a size like... what are those... size 12?!
I followed the aroma and found a certain sibling of mine hovering over a stove and stirring ramen.
A keen nose.
"Yo oppa... what brings you?" I asked him, gathering chopsticks, placing them on the mat of where I was to sit and sat at the transparent, glass table.
"Work my dearest sister. I have some great news!" He poured the ramen into bowls and joined me. I looked at him, puzzled.
"... but first, eat." He smirked at his bowl of ramen and started to devour it before I could even question his vague statement. I grazed a smile though; I was pretty fucking starving.

After we'd demolished our meals, I gathered our now barren bowls and chopsticks, threw them in the sink and sat back down. Hyukji was wiping his mouth with a napkin he kept spare in his suit pocket.
"Yeh... Urm... aren't you gunna wash that? Mother didn't teach us all that crap at home for nothing." He scoffed lightly and leaned back.
"Shut up whore."
"Oahahaaa you can't call me that any more you little shit." He sat back up and looked me in the eye.
"Wait what the heck are you talking about?" I folded my arms on the table and rested my head in them with my head to the side, slightly tired from the long day and having eaten so much fucking ramen.
"I, the very talented and sensitive brother and business man I am, was offered to be your new groups manager." He waited for a response. My silence was taken as acceptance as he raised an eyebrow and brushed his shoulder in self approval.
"Aha, aha, aha... that's urr- that's a good one bro ahaha. Right, now, what did you actually want to tell me?" I regained an upright position and forced a smile.
"I'm being serious."
"You can't be."
"Why not?"
"You're never serious!"
"Around you maybe, but I've climbed the ranks in BitHit recently and-"
"Wait no, since when have you worked there?!"
He looked towards the ceiling, apparently thinking... hard. He was up there for a while.
"Uraammndhsjsns.... a few months maybe?"
"You've got to be shitting me." A sigh escaped my mouth.
"Nope, y'all can call me oppa and shit, it'll be great." He stood up and started washing up the remains of our meal.
"You're so creepy I'm surprised you're allowed anywhere near them." I mumbled. He flicked a reasonable amount of water at me and I stood up slightly damp.
"I'm a nice person dude," he coughed for effect, "ha sorry I mean Youngji, my client."
"Oh fuck off." I shook my head and headed to my room.
"Language or I'll disband the whole fucking group." He shouted from the kitchen.
"The fuck you wont. You can't- and you just- oh whatever." I replied, I'd completely given up at this point.

Later on, a couple of hours, he asked to sleep in the spare bedroom. To be fair, I only had enough money for this place because of our parents. I don't see them much but when we do talk it's all good stuff. Anyway he stayed the night and I drifted into my own lull of sleep.

What a fucking day.

Becky, you're an idiot Or if that's Charlotte you're a bigger idiot

Or if that's Charlotte you're a bigger idiot

Becky, you're an idiot Or if that's Charlotte you're a bigger idiot

I LOVE MY CAT

Everyone who reads this when it gets published I apologise for becky and her cat.