21.

"Tord! I thought you were done with fighting!" Paul stood up from his seat at the table, causing the chair to skid backwards.

Pat just sighed and rubbed his temples in frustration. Tord looked down in shame, eyes brimming with tears. His stomach hurt and his body was throbbing with bruises that felt like hell.

"He said something bad about you guys," he whispered hoarsely.

Paul and Pat exchanged a worried glance.

"Who was it?" Pat asked softly.

Tord didn't reply, he only tensed his muscles even more. Why did I ever listen to Eduardo?

"Who was it?" Pat repeated.

"...Tom."

"TOM!?" Paul and Pat gasped.

Tord pursed his lips and nodded solemnly. He ran a hand through his hair stressfully and got up.

"We're gonna call Tom right-" Paul began.

"No!" Tord's head shot up, burning a glare into Paul. "Don't."

"But-!"

"If he doesn't want you to, then listen to him." Pat looked at Paul and frowned a bit.

"..." Paul looked at both of them before deciding. "Fine."

--Time Skip--

Tord woke up to the sound of his alarm by his ear. He groaned tiredly, eyes easing open. His body felt sore. "Damnit, Thomas, you fucking cunt."

He stood up and went downstairs to see Pat cooking breakfast.

"Uh.. Dad?"

Pat turned around and smiled. "Yeah?"

"Can I... skip school today?" Tord bit his lip nervously. "I'm in too much pain. Also, I don't wanna see Tom."

"Uhm..." the Polish man hesitated for a moment. "Okay, you can skip. Only for today though."

"Thanks, you're the best!"

The whole day had consisted of Tord watching hentai, eating ice cream, and quietly sobbing.

~The Next Day At School~

Tord slowly closed his locker. Edd and Matt were staring at him, eyes wide. Tom hadn't arrived yet.

"Any reason you're staring?" Tord growled lowly, not looking at them.

"N-No!" Edd squeaked and clung onto Matt's arm, who simply nodded in agreement and fear.

"Then stop staring at me." Tord hissed and stalked off to class. He ignored the whispers and rumors about him echoing around the halls.

He looked for the door of the class until he felt a hand on his shoulder. Tord whirled around in alarm.

"Good job," Eduardo snickered. "Now I can't hurt your boyfriend, because you already hurt him for me." Mark and Jon were nowhere to be seen.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Tord yelled angrily.

"Sure he's-"