Chapter 1: Good Morning

The warm fresh breeze brushed across my face making my long black hair flow with the breeze. The grass tickled my feet as I ran across the green hill barefoot. I back behind me where an old rackety shack stood, my home. The sun stood behind the shack making it glow rimmed with red. I tripped on my own feet and rolled down the hill giggling. I finally stopped and just layed there with my eyes closed. I could feel the warmth of the sun run through me and the freshness of the grass cool my back. I could hear the birds singing around me and the butterflies wing beats from above my head. Shivers ran up back as I could feel something coming.  Suddenly I felt a coldness run through my skin. I opened my eyes as I layed there. I quickly got up and stood there in horror. What I saw that day would never erase itself from my memory. The grass was withering and the sun had disappeared behind big black clouds above. The butterflies dropped dead like bugs hitting the zappers. The air lay thick and heavy I ran trying to reach my house atop the hill but tripped and stumbled back down. The clouds came swirling down like a group of bees swarming towards it's target. Me.

I woke up all of a sudden sweating and panting with a major headache. This was like a normal occurance for me now except for the headache. I checked beside my bed where my alarm clock stood. The clock read 7:00a.m. It was the same dream I had had for the past month. I got up with the feeling of nausea. I walked past my big oak wood shelf and out the door. I entered the dimly lit hallway and went to the bathroom which was right beside my blue doored room. The bathroom smelled of flower scented febreeze. I opened the spotless clear mirror and reached for the toothbrush and toothpaste. I stopped mid way and closed the mirror. My reflection in the mirror was a bit fuzzy. My long black hair lay on my shoulder and it looked already brushed. My blue eyes wandering nowhere in particular. I grabbed onto the sink, my heartbeat was speeding up and my legs were shaking like a tree on a summer storm. I see a grassy hill. I breathed in and smelled the fresh air entering my nostrils. The sky as blue as the ocean. The blazing sun warming me up from inside. Meow! I shook out of the dream and was back in the bathroom. I turned to the source of the noise which was by the bathroom door. A white cat stood there looking at me like it was waiting for something. I breathed out realizing I was holding my breath in. My legs were no longer wobbly and my heartbeats pace was normal. I went out and headed to the kitchen which was at the end of the hallway. 

The kitchen was so cold, it was like I was walking into a cave. The lights were shining dimly above the island in the middle of the room. The counters around looked like a garbage dump. Well I know what i'm doing today, I thought. I went to the fridge that was behind the table and grabbed an apple and an orange. One for breakfast and one for lunch. It's not that i'm on a diet, it's just that I don't get very hungry. I went back to my room and grabbed my blue polyester backpack. I opened my backpack and dropped the orange in. Next I put in my journal which was on top of my dresser and lastly my black pencil case. I zipped it up and headed towards the door with the apple in hand and backpack draped across my back. With that I headed off towards the 'highlight' of my day , school.