I Stand Alone Prologue

Prologue:

      I was left here to fend for myself, dad died. Hell, I watched that poor bastard get eaten alive right in front of me.

      I've always thought the whole idea of a "zombie apocalypse" would be an amazing thing.

"Think again, Morgan." An apocalyptic journey wasn't really what a 17 year old girl should be worrying about.

      Well, that escalated pretty quickly. When dad died, I ended up having to fend for myself. Seeing as mom died during birth, dad just gave up and turned into some modern-day punk, who always had some supply of drugs and a shit ton of alcohol.

      I'm used to being alone. I'm not worried. I've been born in to this messed up world for a reason. And when I say messed up, I mean the past world, one where there wasn't 3 billion cannibals trying to eat your face off..

      In my opinion, you'd be lucky to get eaten. Less time worrying about the next bullet you'll waste, or the next half-decent meal you'll be gagging down. This is all just a life or death matter - no one here to save your sorry ass. These people actually think that saving supplies and forming groups would work out, make you last longer.

      Thats also not the case, in my perspective, continuously moving will save your ass. Once you stay for a while, they'll figure it all out. the statistics, the routine, when you go out for supplies, and god knows if you'll come back. You need to find yourself shelter, and I don't just mean a tent. I mean a house.

      Sure houses are raving with those things but you need to kill them, all of them. A good sized blow to the head is what kills 'em.

      I'm definitely not the smartest girl in the world - but I know one thing.. I am never going to see mom, or dad, or my baby brother, my friends, anyone. Only survivors. Only people who have the idea that saving yourself is the only way things would get better.

      They will get you. They will kill you. You will be one of them. Just another zombie.