Chapter Two

"Hurry up," I said, glairing back at Vivian. I don't understand how someone could be so slow. I look back again,

"Hello? I said hurry up!" Vivian finally picks up the pace, its about time.

"I don't see how treating people like shit is going to get you anywhere." She says, again, being a smartass.

"Theres this amazing thing called survival, and I personally don't know about you, but everyone else has heard of it. That is, as far as I know. You can't and I mean, absolutely can not trust anyone in this messed up place we call 'Earth'."

"Then why do I trust you?" Vivian says with a crooked smile and we both giggle.

"If you were to trust me, I'd have to call you a complete dumbass." 

We walk the rest of the forest in silenlce, listening to the birds who amazingly sound happy, and the leaves rustle in the wind gracefully. I like listening to the wind rustle the leaves, my dad used to tell me that everytime I hear the leaves rustle in the wind, its a page in my book complete, beginning a new chapter. 

"Whats your name?" I hear Vivian say shyly.

"It doesn't matter.." I say trailing off, my mind set on something else.

"C'mon. Please tell me?" They way Vivian speaks is so - so annoying, but at the same time heartwarming and welcoming.

"My name is Morgan, Morgan Davidson."

I don't know why, but when I say that I roll my eyes and I look at something move in the bushes.

And not to my suprise, its a zombie. I let him stumble along, I'm not going 'deep poison ivy diving' today, unlike what I did a few months back. Not funny.

"I know you."

"No you don't."

"Yes, I do,"

"You lived down the street from me, we used to play during the Summer, until you cut my knee open. See?" She shows me the scar starting from just above her knee cap to below.

"Sorry. I don't reconize that. You probably have me mixed up with someone else."

I hear her mumble something, I made it out to her saying whatever as she waved the topic away.

Once we finished walking throughout the forest we came across a highway, a sign read "Hwy 67 West Bound"

"I know exactly where we are, Vivian." For once, I was glad to be near home. I never really enjoyed being home, seeing as my dad was a depressed drunk and my mom was dead. My house was a broken home. Sometimes I even miss saying it is a broken home, but no. It was a broken home.

"Where are we then?" I was tempted to say home. But that would be a lie. This isn't home anymore. Nothing is. We're on Highway 67 West Bound 3 kilometers away from home. Once you get to the intersection of Broadview Ave and Key St you turn left on to Key St. You walk a total of 127 steps and make a right. There is my broken home. 189 Key St.

"We're close to shelter." I've come to the conclusion to never call home, home.

"Well, thats a good thing,"

"Right?" Vivian says worried.

"In a way, yes. Otherwise, no." I say looking around. Something catches the corner of my eye, and not just one thing, try like 100 things. I turn and look in that direction and again, not  to my suprise, a massive swarm of zombies running towards me. Us. Vivian and I. I stand still for a minute, my jaw dropped.

"RUN." I shreik, my voice cracking. Vivian and I start running as if death was chasing us. Well, technically death was chasing us.

When we reach the end of the highway theres two trailers, a few cars and a ton of debris blocking our way. No way around. I look around biting my lip, pacing and shaking my hands looking for something, anything to get us on top of those trailers.

"Morgan! A ladder!"

How stupid could I have been to forget that trailers had a ladder on the back? I sprinted to the ladder and I climbed so fast, I fell back down. I felt the hands of walkers around my ankles as I squirmed to break free.

My hands were so sweaty that I fell down again.

"Get your shit together, Morgan!"

I heard the sounds of their groans in my ears and I hauled myself on to the ladder once more. Vivian this time assisted me so I didn't fall again.

I just sat there, holding my knees to my chest breathing heavily. I still heard the groans, I still felt their hands wrapped around my ankles. I couldn't hear anything. Tears came streaming down my face and Vivan touched my shoulder making me jump and mumble

"Get away from me." I said. And I kept saying it.

"Morgan, its okay. They're gone, you're safe. Breathe."

I was getting light headed. I knew exactly what was going on. Dehydration. I haven't had water in two to five days. My vision was going blurry and then black circles started appearing. And all of a sudden, I was lost. I couldn't see, hear, feel, or even smell. I have passed out, and Vivian doesn't know what to do.