Brother's Until The End

Explosions could be heard outside the walls, and fear began to well up inside my soul. I glanced over to Cynder, who had a scared look on her face. “What’s going on out there?” Shadow asked causing all of us to turn to him. “We dont know. They started a few hours ago.” I replied. He then stood and walked to the door. “He’s attacking the city!” he stated in a worried tone.

With that, we were all on our feet running full speed down the pathway. As we exited the tunnel, the sight before us struck fear even deeper into our hearts. Warfang was a smoldering wreck. Buildings that once stood, proudly over watching the city were now reduced to rubble. The council had somehow managed to stay out of the wreckage, and stood unscaved by the battle below.

2 Orcs’s then appeared in front of us. I prepared to leap at them, but was halted by Shadow, who suddenly appeared behind them. They turned to him as blue lightning began to form from his paws. He then disappeared again and reappeared by the one on the left, bringing his paw through it, turning it into dust.

He then leapt at the other one, quickly turning it into dust as well. “How did you do that?” I asked in amazement. He looked up to me and replied with a smile, “I’m not sure.” we then began to run through the town, passing many of Malefor’s men on the way. When we reached a courtyard type area, everything became still. Malefor’s men began to run away once again, but not because of Shadow.

“I have called off the attack on Warfang on one condition.” Malefor’s voice said in a loud whisper. It seemed to be coming from the air itself, and everyone had there eyes on the sky, searching for where this voice seemed to be coming from. “I want Spyro and Shadow to face me, alone.” I looked over to Shadow, who gave me a worried look.

“Spyro, Shadow. I know you can hear me. If you do not comply in the next 24 hours, I will destroy Warfang and everything you hold dear.” Malefor said, sending a shiver through my spine. “Ill be waiting.” he said as everything became silent once again. A sudden picture of a forest area that i have never seen before suddenly locked itself into my mind. It seemed to be telling me where to meet Malefor. The moles and dragons who had been fighting against Malefor’s men then turned there attention to us.

“You have to face him!” they all began to yell. Cyril then appeared over head and landed in front of us. “Get to your positions!” he yelled, causing them to leave us. “Come,” he said after most of the moles had left. “Terradore is waiting.” with that he lifted off again and began to fly toward a bridge that extended over a sharp Cliffside and onto land beyond it.

We followed, my mind was conflicted though. ‘Why does he want us to fight him together?’ I asked myself as we came down beside Terradore, who was standing at the beginning of the bridge looking at the land on the other side. “Spyro, I have known you for a long time. I’ve seen you fulfill your destiny, only to have it replaced over and over again. Even though I say this, you must face him once again.” he said in a terrified tone.

“I know.” I replied, dropping my gaze to the ground. “Shadow, if you really are the Siratail of legend, then you must fight with everything that you can.” Terradore said, turning his gaze from me to Shadow. Shadow nodded to him and turned to me.

“You 2 need to get some rest. Tomorrow will be the hardest fight of your lives.” Terradore said to us. We nodded to him before beginning to walk to our rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SHADOWS POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This is where you’ll be sleeping.” Spyro said as we came to a small room. Inside were pillows that lined a small area of the room. There was also a balcony that gave me a clear view of the night sky. “Would you like a separate room?” Spyro asked Sorrel. “No. I’m fine.” She replied. Spyro left and Sorrel and I were alone, standing in silence.