Chapter 2: Stranger Danger

It was cold. The harsh wind blew to my face as my hair danced with it. I was in a beach, toes just inches away from the water. I didn't know how I got there. The waves keep on crashing loudly to the rocks near me. I looked around to see that the entire beach deserted with no signs of human life. Behind me was a thick forest completely dark and probably humid. I walked along the beach and that was when I heard someone calling me. A sweet whisper that rocked the core of my body, I tried to look for the source only to hear the same crashing of the waves. It seemed to beckon me like a siren to her sailor. That was when I realized that it was the sea calling me, enticing me to be engulfed by its waves.

Without thinking, I walked forward. After just one step on the water, I felt a warmth similar to my mother's embrace. Wanting more, I walked farther into sea as the waves despite being forceful somehow made me feel at ease. I didn't notice how far I was from the shore and I didn't care. Only when I saw an approaching storm did I felt fear. I tried to swim towards the shore but the waves prevented me from doing so. I could hear the clash of thunder coming terrifyingly close.

*Flash*

A lightning struck illuminating the dark skies.

*Flash*

Water started pouring heavily on my face while I struggle to keep myself afloat in the choppy waves.

*Flash*

I felt the sea pulling me to its depts.

*Flash*

I was starting to lose my breath.

*Flash*

My consciousness was fading as I see a large fish somehow glowing and swimming towards me.

I woke up in a start. I looked around to find myself in a soft bed and extremely quiet except for the tree branch knocking at the window at the left side of my bed. The sky was still dark but my internal clock said it was already six in the morning. I tried to breathe evenly, the feeling of drowning still clear in my memory and then slowly got up and went to look out the window. My window's view would have been breath-taking if not for the storm still raging outside. You can see the ocean and just beyond was cliff. The mansion was apparently situated in a slight inlet giving it a bit of protection from the wind. Below my window was an Olympic sized pool. 'Who the heck needs a pool when the ocean is just in front of you?' I thought.

Knowing that I wouldn't be able to sleep even if I wanted to, I walked out the door to find the kitchen. I needed coffee to calm me a bit. I was starting to think that the place is no mansion but a maze. With a couple of twists and turns, I finally found a staircase going downstairs. As I got down the last steps, the smell of coffee wafted to me. Following my nose, I find the kitchen and at the stove was him he was busily frying bacon. The smell of coffee and bacon settled down my nerves. I quietly sat at one of the stools near the counter. He didn't seem to notice me. I watched his well toned back deliciously visible in his white shirt. His arm muscles flexing as he continued cooking. 'God! I am starting to become a pervert!' I thought. When he turned around, he was so startled to see me nearly dropping the frying pan he was carrying with the bacon. Thankfully he didn't.

"Sorry." I mumbled. He just chuckled and placed the bacon and the scrambled eggs in two plates and placed one in front of me.

"Coffee?" he offered me a cup. I nodded eagerly. I took the cup with two hands and inhaled the vapor. Taking a sip, I gave a really loud sigh.

"You really love your coffee, don't you?" he stated trying to conceal a laugh.

I rolled my eye, "Laugh if you want but coffee is life! I wouldn't dream to go on a day without coffee!" With that statement he finally let out the laugh he was holding. I didn't think that I would find a laugh so sexy but I did. It was a deep manly laugh that I could listen to all day. He had startlingly blue eyes with dark raven hair combed back showing of his prominent jaw. An elongated nose and full nearly pink lips (kissable lips if I may say so myself). I was so captivated that I didn't notice that he was finished laughing and looking at me with a godly smirk showing some of his pearly white teeth.