The white room

when I woke up, I was delighted to see cookies on my nightstand. My mom often treated me with these kinds of things, that's how special she is. I got out of bed and tripped. the pain hit me hard and right that second I realized something. 

Today was gonna be a bad day. 

I walked out of my room to see why mom made me cookies. she wasn't there, but there was a note on the table. 

"Dear Grant: I'm not gonna be home until 11:42 or around there so can you clean the house when you get back from school, also have a great day at school sweetie."

Wheres, mom? 

I grabbed the soggy ham sandwich out of the fridge, cringing at the dripping ham, but it's all we had at the moment.

I grabbed my backpack and slugged it over my back. I really hope nothing goes wrong today, but in this foggy, no sun morning I could tell nothing good would come out of this day.

I walked past the middle of the town with the beautiful water fountain and the huge tree that kids always climbed up. I turned the corner to see our school. its brick walls and 2 windows made it seem like a jail or a trap, but I was used to it.

"Hey Freako, you know what day it is today?" Collin hissed at me. 

I decided to ignore him and walk away but he wouldn't let it go. 

" come on Freak, you scared you're going to faint again in the White room.."

I shivered thinking about the white room. I know I'm 14 and I shouldn't be scared of anything but this was some scary stuff, especially when the scientists running the test seem to only want you and no one else.

I walked into the school to see lines of kids and the teachers with their lined up class. I looked for Mr.Edwards cause he was my first-period class. I glanced to the end and saw him in the front. 

"come now grant," he yelled over the noise of the crowd. 

I walked over there towards him and went in the front of the line behind Mr.Edwards where I always went. after a few minutes, a scientist went up to the front and started to tell everyone the importance of these tests. 

"these tests usually test one's mental health and their intelligence. we take the ones who seem crazy and we study them." the lady said. 

Grants the one we want, her mind told me. I shivered and hid behind Mr.Edwards. I mean how come none of the teachers disagree with what she is saying because she's basically saying she's gonna take students and study them, oh and only certain students...like me.

the lady started calling out names and which White rooms to go to, then the name came. "Grant Caven."

I walked with a different lady to the white room number 7. there was a big door with a 7 on it waiting for me. the lady told me to go in and she would enter on the other side. I nodded. 

when I walked in it was exactly how I remembered it. big white cushions on the walls, a big window where the scientist would stand and ask you questions. 

I was in.. The white room.