Chapter 22

Sorry it took so long to post these again... school registration and homework... 😅

"Hmm, very powerful magic. It will benefit me greatly once it's mine!" The god shouts with an evil grin.

It really is my magic! But how did I do it?

The god lunges at me with his hands glowing.

No time to think about that now!

I block his attack with my sword unbreakable 2.0 and once he touches it with his hands, he instantly brings his hands back and hisses in pain.

I stand confused for a bit, and then I charge at him.

He comes back at me and once again, once I touch him, he recedes in pain.

I charge from behind and pierce through his back. He screams in pain and I pull the sword back out.

His magic leaks out as sparkles from the hole I made.

He groans as he lunches for me again, his hands glowing.

I move to the side and swipe down slicing them off.

Magic pours out of his wrists.

They hit the ground and then after sitting there a bit, they float back up and reattach themselves back on the god.

He laughs as he comes for me again.

I aim my sword for his head but he ducks down and then uses his glowing hands and hits me on my chest. The blow sends me back and I hit a nearby tree.

Kubo lies between the god and I.

The god starts to walk up to me.

"Why are you fighting when you know your going to loose?" The god says. He kicks Kubo out of his way.

I feel my heart wrench at his action, and I feel anger coursing through me.

I get up and I run to him.

I dodge his attacks and pierce him trough his chest.

He screams so loud that I would have had to cover my ears if I weren't fighting.

I swipe my sword down to the side to bring it out, slicing his upper body almost off.

I dodge his attacks and swipe again, slicing his upper body off completely.

His magic pours out and floats up into the sky.

They collect up into a large orb that floats higher and higher.

I need to get it.

I climb as fast as I can up a tree and I jump off the branch and I catch the orb.

Got ya! Oh...

I fall to the ground and land on my side. I don't let the orb go though, even though it struggles to leave my grasp and get back to the body.

I look down at the orb but interfering with my view of it is the pendant the god of spirits have to me.

With an idea sprung into my head, I press it and I see my vision go white.

I find myself at the god of spirits palace and I quickly run inside and into the throne room.

"Wow, I'm impressed. And you got your life back too." The god says getting up from his chair and walking up to me and I walk at a much faster pace towards him.

Once we meet, he takes the orb from me and blows on it.

A cage appears nearby and the orb floats into the cage.