Episode 3: Care for Dessert?

It was a dreary day here in Las Vegas, Nevada. Thunder roared and convulsed through the sky as the rain came down with a vengeance. What I would do just to stay home today, but unfortunately today wasn't my day off. In downtown Las Vegas, I worked at a restaurant called Ohlala French Bistro which was a restaurant that served French cuisine. It was located right on the Las Vegas Strip. What I learned the most from working here is that you can come across a variety of people from all over the world. I enjoyed meeting new people from time to time, but there was nothing like our regulars. They made our job even more enjoyable.

After tying my hair into a ponytail, I grabbed my work uniform and started getting dress.

"One more day." I mumbled to myself.

Tomorrow was my day off and it was long awaited. As I grabbed my shoes, my iPhone 6 started ringing and it was my co-worker Jessie.

"What's up Jessie?" I answered, slipping on my shoes.

"Hey Kerli girl, you coming in today?"

I could tell by her voice that she needed help with something.

"Yeah, I'm heading there now. Why what's good?" I said, grabbing my purse and keys off of my dresser.

"Micky wanted me to call you to see if you could stay until closing?"

All I could do was think about being off for the next 2 days.

"Yeah, I can stay late." I grumbled.

Jessie laughed on the other end of the phone, before telling me that she would see me in a few. I threw my phone into my purse and headed out the door. Running out to my car, the rain poured down faster than ever. I could barely see where the hell I was going. Opening up the driver side door, I laid my purse on the passenger side and got my ass inside. Starting up the car, I plugged my phone up to my bluetooth and started playing Tory Lanez "Aaliyah".

"I don't wanna be-ahhh-loooone." I started singing the lyrics as I backed my car out of the drive way.

🌸🌸🌸

"Kerli, you got table number 5?" Jessie asked as I grabbed the plates from the counter.

"Yeah, I got it." I answered as I placed the two plates on the platter to serve.

It wasn't as packed as it would usually be and I believe it had something to do with the raining weather today. Anytime it would rain in Las Vegas, the streets would be empty. We did not appreciate the rain here.

"Here you go sir."

As I placed the plates on the table, a man walked through the door. He was tall, very tall resembling 6'2. His golden complexion reminded me of a caramel topping on top of a vanilla frappuccino. By the looks of him, he portrayed modelesque features. After telling the customer at table 5 to let me know if they needed anything else, I walked towards the back of the kitchen to find Jessie.

"Jessie, come here."

Grabbing her arm, I pulled her to the side and showed her the man who had sat down at the table across from the window on the right side.

"Ooooh, he is fine," she pointed out.

Indeed he was.

"Isn't he gorgeous?" I added.

"Hell yeah, if I wasn't working, I would've snatched his little ass up and took his ass back to my place." Jessie winked as she started filling cups with ice.

"You're gonna wait his table?" She asked as I stood there, clueless.

"No, I couldn't. I'll fuck around and make a fool of myself." I confessed as I glanced back at the man at the table.