Sleepless Night's {Sebastian X Reader}

Tick.

Tock.

Eyes glazed over the ceiling, the female's thoughts echoed through the bounderies of her mind, keeping her from entering a deep slumber, which she really needed. It has been her first time for coming this mansion so big, and she had this thing that she was not comfortable of sleeping in another bed that didn't belong in her home, so the fact that she couldn't sleep at all isn't a big surpise to her.

Tick.

Tock.

She glanced over to the wall clock, that read 1:43. Time was not on her side tonight. So, she rose up from the covers, got out of bed, and exited the room. She didn't bother to change into a proper dress, everyone was asleep.

Tick.

Tock.

The halls of the Phantomhive Manor are deathly quiet, save for the constant footsteps that she made. She knew wandering around the household was not one of the good decisions that she made, but she was utterly and hopelessly bored. Besides, Ciel is a good friend, he also said that to me too. I'm good. She reassured herself mentally. At last, she reached her destination.

Tick.

Tock.

The door creaked in protest as the door opened. She stepped in the room, and closed the door. Walking closer to the huge instrument, she marveled how the moonlight reflected onto it, along with its smooth surface with no speck of dust. The Phantomhive servants are great people, especially the butler.

Tick.

Tock.

The butler. She thought. He's not just great. He's perfect. I wonder where Ciel found him...? She sighed, knowing that no one would answer her. She sat down on the chair, and opened the raven cover, revealing sets of white and black keys. Her hands hovered above them, thinking about what she'll play. After a few minutes of arguing to herself, her fingers weaved through the keys, creating a sad melody that made her heart ache.

Everything seemed to disappear, the clock's constant ticking, the mysterious footsteps that she ignored, even the fact that she was awake in the middle of the night. A timid smile played on her lips. She missed this feeling. The feeling where all your troubles are gone, whisked away by the wind. But the sad reality always hits her, only for all of it to come back, but now with a small glimmer of hope that she could conquer it all. Images of her past replayed on her, 'parents' beating the life out of her, calling her useless, and always trying to get something out from her that they wanted-

-A perfect lady.

But how could she be such, if she knew that nobody can be perfect?

All that continued, until she was ordered to attend a ball on this manor. Her family was a distant relative to the Phantomhives, so it was necessary to go. She stayed in the side for most of the ball.

Until someone utterly perfect came to her.

"Milady," the man cooed, calling out her attention. Her eyes glanced at him. "Would you give me the honor of dancing you? A lady so beautiful like shouldn't be staying alone." He offered her his gloved hand.

Sighing heavily, she placed her hand on his with a weak smile, "I suppose... I will." He began leading her to the middle of the room, taking the lead in dancing.

After a while, he decided to break the silence, "Why are you sad?"

"S-sad...?" She stuttered, was she this transparent?

"I have watched you from afar. You looked like you were... forced to come here."

She shifted nervously, "...yes. I was."

"And what of these bruises in your shoulder?" Her eyes widened, she could have sworn she covered every bruise!

"I... I..." She was speechless. Why was this man so attentive...? And mostly... "... why would you care?"

A smile played on his lips, "What kind of Phantomhive butler would I be, if I can't even take care of my young master's guests? Come, let me treat you."

And so he did. Along with her spilling the truth about her parents to him and his master, Ciel decided to take her in until her problem was solved. Until everything's alright.

Finishing the song, she sighed sorrowfully. Slow claps resounded the room, startling her.

"What a beautiful performance, milady."

Sebastian smiled at the female. The latter sighed in relief. "Oh, it's only you, Sebastian." Now realizing the situation, she nervously fumbled her fingers. "What are you doing this late...?"

Stepping in closer, his figure brightened by the shine of the moon, giving her a better view. "The question is, what are you doing here in this ungodly hour?"

Good question. "I couldn't sleep. I'm not very comfortable not sleeping in my room back at the manor." Her eyes shifted back to him, "...how about you?"

"I have a little sleeping problem as well." He replied, "I am deeply sorry about your parents. They must be so desperate to get money."

She chuckled, closing the piano's cover before standing up, "They're so desperate, they even forget that their own daughter have feelings." Her eyes went downcast, a frown forming on her face.

"Do not worry, milady. Young Master will fix this, you are a guest and a friend of his, after all." The butler reassured her. "Even if it isn't obvious, the Young Master cares deeply about the people that gained his trust. So, you must trust him back."

A moment of silence was all she needed, before she smiled at him, and wrapped her arms around his body. "Thank you, Sebastian."

The shocked butler stiffened, before awkwardly wrapped his arms around her. "It was my pleasure, milady."

Quickly pulling out, she nervously fumbled with her fingers, "Uh, I-I probably need to go back to my room now..." She walked past him, and waved before dissapearing completely, leaving him alone.

Tick.

Tock.

His eyes flashed a demonic pink, a smirk forming his lips. A dab of red liquid smeared on one of his white gloves. He licked it, and his eyes shone brighter.

"Broken souls...

are the easiest souls to l u r e in..."

Story Is by­­ RainbowWriter02 On Deviant Art! Here is the Link! http://juliasmucker.deviantart.com/art/Sleepless-Nights-Sebastian-Michaelis-x-Reader-524006708