Chapter 3

Allie was sitting at her desk at work when her phone rang. She works as a personal assistant for a newspaper editor. She answered the phone before her boss heard it.

"Hey. Kaz I'm at work. Is everything okay?"

Kaz and Allie had known each other for a long time. They met years ago when they were both volunteering at a women's shelter. They considered each other their best friend.

"Yeah everything's good. I just wanted to see if you wanna grab a drink tonight. Maybe around 7?"

"Okay yeah that sounds good. I'm gonna invite someone that I really want you to meet."

"Okay Allie. Get back to work. We'll chat later."

Allie ended the call and put her phone back in her pocket before her boss could see. She liked her job, but sometimes the boss was a bit rude and getting caught was the last thing Allie wanted.

.....

When Allie got off work at 5 she decided to go see Bea at her work. Allie walked into the salon and surprised Bea.

"Hey Bea."

"Allie. Hey. What are you doing here?"

"I've just got off work and wanted to see you so I stopped by. Also though, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some drinks at 7 tonight with me and friend? I'd like for you two to meet. I think you'd like her."

"Umm...ye...Yeah that sounds fun. We close at 6 so I'll go straight home to change and then meet you there."

"Nah. I'll pick you up." Allie said flirtatiously.

Bea just smiled and said, "okay then. I will see you later."

"See you later Bea. Bye Maxine." Allie said before she winked at Bea and left.

Maxine walked over to Bea and touched her arm. "Bea! She seems so sweet and so into you."

"She is sweet. She makes me smile."

"That's great love! It's nice to see a smile on your face again."

"It's nice to have one."

For the last hour of their work day Bea and Maxine didn't have very many customers. Bea was getting anxious for tonight so Maxine told her to go ahead home and she can close the shop.

Bea pulled up at her house a little after 6. She had to take a shower still and change into something nice.  After her shower she put on a nice silky black dress that went right below her knees. She wasn't sure if it was too much but she decided to wear it anyway. Just then there was a knock at the door. Bea answered the door to find Allie standing there in a short red dress.

"Allie. Wow. You look...."

"Good right?"

"Beautiful."

Bea felt a rush through her body as she told Allie. She felt nervous but happy. Never had she called a woman beautiful before.

"Well thank you. You don't look to bad yourself. Let's get out of here."

Allie took Bea's hand and led her to the car where she opened the door for her. Bea had a smile on her face and was ready for a fun night.

....

They arrived at the bar and went inside to meet Allie's friend Kaz.  It took a few minutes to find her, but finally Allie spotted Kaz sitting at a table in the corner waiting for her.

"Kaz! Hey sorry we're a bit late."

"It's okay Allie. Hey Bea. How are ya?"

"I'm well Kaz. Thanks for asking."

Allie looked confused wondering how they knew each other.

"You two know each other?"

"Oh yeah. Kaz comes into the salon every month or two to get her hair done. I'm usually the one to do it, so we know each other pretty well."

"She does wonders on my hair." Kaz said smiling.

"Well then I guess no need for an introduction. I was nervous for you two to meet but I'm good now." Allie said with a chuckle.

Bea smiled and looked at the ladies. "Well? What are we waiting for? Let's get some drinks!"

The night went on for a while and the women were having a blast. They had tons of laughs and just enjoyed a night out. Finally it was time for them to leave.

"We're gonna get out of here Kaz. I'm a bit tired and I'm sure Bea is too."

"Yeah a bit."

"Well, it was nice to have a drink with you two. Don't you break her heart Bea."

Bea looked at Allie and grabbed her hand interlocking their fingers. "You don't have to worry about that."

Bea was starting to feel more comfortable around Allie and didn't care what anyone else thought of her.  They finally made their way outside to the car and left for Bea's house.

....

Pulling up to her house Bea was glad to be home but saddened as this fun night with Allie was coming to an end.

"Wait here." Allie said to Bea before she could get out.

Allie got out of the car and went to open Bea's door for her. Bea grinned and even blushed.

"Aren't you sweet."

"You deserve it Bea."

Allie walked Bea up to her door and before Bea could go inside she felt Allie grab her hand and pull her close.
They locked eyes and Allie placed her hands on Bea's cheeks and pulled her in for a kiss. Bea kissed her back passionately.

"I've been waiting to do that Bea. I hope it wasn't bad."

"No...it wasn't. I've been waiting for you to do it. I've never done this before so I don't know what to do otherwise I would've kissed you already."

"It was great." Allie just smiled at Bea.

Bea smiled back and told Allie she would talk to her tomorrow. They both said goodnight as Bea went inside and Allie left.

....