Mystery

Persie swiftly slugged the thug in the face. Blood coated her uniform but it wasn't hers. After the Battle at Manhattan, she had lent a helping hand to rebuilding the camp. But soon after, Persie left the camp of demigods. Silena, Beckendorf, Luke, Ethan, and countless other demigods had perished in the war against Kronos, and Persie left to mourn on her own. Annabeth didn't make any move to stop her; neither did Chiron or the gods. For once, they had understood that Persie needed a little time on her own.

After moping and moving around area for several months, the heroine of the Titan War settled down in Coast City, the home of the Green Lanterns. She had moved there to become a superheroine in the honor of those who died in the battle. Besides the Lanterns never really bothered her and she was fine with that. Persie believed that it would make up for the deaths that she had felt responsible for during the war. She soon realized that the memories would forever stay with her but she could make the world a better place by saving the innocent and punishing the crime. She never used her powers while crime-fighting, lest it would attract the attention of the head of the Justice League, Superman or their covert team, Young Justice.

Persie had taken up the armor made for her by Beckendorf before he died. He had left it for her with a tag in a secret compartment under his bed, later discovered by his siblings. It consisted of silver boots, cuirass(basically a chest plate), gauntlets, and a silver Greek styled helmet with a blue horse plume. All were made of Celestial bronze and coated with a strange godly gold and titanium mixture, thus the silver. Persie always fought with her trusty Riptide by her side and a backup bronze dagger in case. As she nailed the last thugs head with the butt of her sword, a yellow flash zipped into the alley she was standing in, bringing with it a breeze.

"Aw, come on, I missed all the action!"Persie immediately sprang into a defensive stance. It was Kid Flash, sidekick or "partner" as the group of sidekicks claimed to be, of the well-known Flash. He skidded to a halt and looked at the damage, er, justice Persie had inflicted on the thugs.

"Nice," Kid Flash praised. "By the way, who are you?! "

Persie smirked under her helmet. "Did your mother ever tell you not to speak to strangers?"

"Yeah, but how am I supposed to make friends?" Kid Flash fired back. They continued insulting each other for awhile, until Persie finally snapped.

"What is your intention?" Persie held her sword up to Flash junior's neck.

"I thought I asked the first question..." Kid Flash disappeared in a yellow blur and Persie was on the receiving end of her sword, which was being held in his hands. He smirked in triumph.

Persie narrowed her eyes. "Hurricane. Resident vigilante of Midway City." Persie spun around, swiftly taking out her dagger.

"And owner of the sword you are holding." With a single move, she twisted the sword with the flat of her dagger and the sword fell out of Kid Flash's hands with a clang. They were at a stand still. Neither dared to move, or even breathe, lest the other side gaining the advantage. Until the two were interrupted by a single wingding whistling towards the two. Persie leapt out of its path, taking the chance to flee the site. It was best to keep her identity secret, especially from her fellow 'heroes'. In the alley, Kid Flash stood there dumbfounded with a blush forming on his cheeks even when Robin arrived on the scene.

Robin waved his gloved hand in from of his best friend's face. "Dude, are you still there? The B-man has called us to the cave for a mission!"

Kid Flash snapped out of his trance. "Yeah, mission. Gotcha. Um, I'll bring these dudes over to the nearest police station. Meet ya there?" Robin nodded, and blended into the shadows. Kid Flash disappeared into another yellow blur, taking the thugs with him. As he dipped along, a single thought went through his head.

Why did Hurricane seem so familiar?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ring!!

Who was calling her now? Persie wondered. After the little run in with Flash junior, she had went back to her apartment, done for the day. Apparently not, since the call was from Diana Prince. Diana Prince, or more commonly known as Wonder Woman to the public, was somewhat of a role model for Persie and most of the other female(except Drew and most of the Aphrodite girls) campers. Born of Zeus, the king of the Greek Gods, and Hippolyta, the Queen of the Amazons, Wonder Woman became some kind of mentor to Persie after she came seeking her help during her separation from camp.

Persie accepted the call and Diana began to speak. "Persie, Batman has requested you for a mission. Suit up and meet me at the Hall of Justice." Diana ordered.

"Yes ma'am," Persie replied. Great. A mission ordered by Batman. Just her luck.

------------------

"Your mission is to investigate the murder of this group of men," Batman pulled up a set of pictures depicting their profiles. The Team, consisting of Kid Flash, Robin, Aqualad, Artemis, Miss Martian, and Superboy, nodded.

"They were found at the docks of Metropolis with claw marks of a large beast, and witnesses claim that they saw that the men were being thrown around by an invisible force. " Batman paused as the Zeta-Tubes announced the arrival of Wonder Woman and an unknown guest.

"We'll have a designation for you when you finish this mission," the voice of Wonder Woman said as the duo marched into the mission room.

Wonder Woman walked into the room with another armor-wearing figure by her side.

"This is Hurricane, and she will be assisting the Team for this mission," said Batman. A pair of green eyes met the pair of shaded sea-green eyes.

"YOU!"