Believe in dreams (niall horan) chapter 1

(Hey guys, this is my first story.

Ive been debating whether or not to write one for a while, and I've made a final decision to do so :) sooo exciting times ahead... )

Ruby's P.O.V.

Tapping away with my pen, I glanced around the room scanning the clock.

I was searching for anything that would take my mind of what i would be doing for the next 2hrs and 10mins.

Maths. Yes, thats it my dreaded maths exam.

How I hate final year!

I couldn't wait to leave school even the the thought of having to choose what my next step would be scared me, but I knew I was ready for it.

The thought of being free at last excited me. I had decided to study midwifery, but being the indecisive person I am , choosing what to do had tired me out!

2:00pm

"Books, closed!" Mr Kennedy's voice could be heard throughout the exam hall. He was my history teacher. A middle aged man , short. Very sweet and painfully shy.

As my exam was handed to me , I thought about extremely hot exotic island, palm trees, clear blue waters.

And those models that were to die for swimming and sitting flawlessly under palm trees.

These type of thoughts flooded my head often.. I wondered if I was the only one?

God enough of being selfish!

Its okay to dream though?

2:20pm

I was knocked out of my thoughts with a tap on the shoulder.

"Ruby... I think its about time you've started ?"

Wow. God. Now I feel like and idiot

Its Mr. Harris

"Oh. Oh. Um yeah thanks" I mutter slightly embarrassed

Mr. Harris... Without question the best looking teacher there is. He's the perfect definition of Tall, Dark and Handsome!

4:10 pm

Finally the exam sounds dismissing us from the hall. I hand my exam to Mr. Harris and continue my journey through the rest of my class.

"Ruby... Ruby?" Mr. Harris calls behind me.

I turn around to Mr. Harris holding out my papers. I did do something during that exam.. Didn't I? I didn't just daydream?

"Yes?" I ask politely

"Your name.. You never placed it on top?"

Okay I'm pretty sure he knows my name he could've just done it for me.

Instead I don't say anything. I place my name on top of the papers, return them and exchange a smile. Just as I turn to walk away i hear his voice again.

"We will miss your voice next year?"

Huh. what I almost choke.

I know he can see the confusion on my face.

"In the choir you know? The one were you sing and use your VOICE?"he half laughs.

"Oh yeah thanks" It comes out more of a whisper and I rush off feeling my cheeks slightly beginning to redden.

Ive sang in choir all my years in school but I prefer dancing ever since i joined a dance academy in 2008.

I rush towards town. Passing a few old men handing out leaflets.

Grabbing one from each of them, I have a quick look. Really? Because im gonna be the next person to sign up to go to mars?

Or join the new over 60s men club?

I laugh at some... The rest are pointless, well all are. I throw them in the nearest bin and push past a group of protesters near the cafe.

Inside the cafe. I search for Cailyn.

Cailyn's my 15 year old cousin we meet most wednesdays and get ready for dance academy together, but today she insisted I meet her here.

Looking over in the corner, I spot her smiling for ear to ear. What could have her so happy?

I notice a man in his fifties creepily smiling at her ...

Cailyn looks up and waves a sheet of paper in the air. I cant quite make out what it is.

(Thanks guys for reading the first chapter.

I only hope it gets better from here on in. Im enjoying this so far :)

I need someone to make a photo for the cover, so if anyone would like to do so or know anyone that would could you mail me please x)