Unknown POV

A/N: I decided to write this as quickly as possible because I was so excited for it! Enjoy!

Unknown POV-

Light streamed in from a slight opening in the heavy gold curtains to my left, closed tightly to assure my sleep throughout the night. I sighed deeply. I didn't want the day to start again, bringing with it the same troubles of the day before.

A soft knock sounded at the door, and I sat up in the bed, resignation in every one of my movements. It seemed the day would start whether I wanted it to or not, so I might as well go along with it.

"Come in."

Alicia came in with my tray of breakfast and sat it down in front of me with a soft smile.

"Good morning miss. I asked the chef to simply cut up a few fruits for you and heat up some tea this morning. I figured you you wouldn't want anything to heavy with your condition."

Smiling at the only bit of happy news I had these days, I rubbed my still-flat stomach and imagined it growing with the baby that was nothing more than a tiny heartbeat right now. I then grasped Alicia's hand in gratitude.

"Merci ma chéri. You have no idea how helpful you are during this time."

"It's no trouble at all, miss. Without your family's generosity, I would still be a starving nobody living in the streets of London with a bloody useless excuse for a brother. You saved and took me away from there, and for that I will always be at you service."

"Alicia, please, stop calling me miss, I feel old. And no thanks are needed. I simply helped out someone who needed it," I told her sincerely. I picked at a loose thread on the comforter for a moment to gather some strength, and finally looked back up at the understanding golden eyes of my most trusted friend.

"How is she?" I whispered. Tears shined in her eyes, and mine came right behind hers.

"Not well. The doctors are still giving her until the end of the month." A sob etched itself in my throat, dying to come out and grieve, and as hard as I tried to fight it, it came out full force.

Why did she have to be taken away from me so soon?

The bedroom door opened once more, and I heard quick footsteps coming over to me before I was suddenly engulfed into a muscular chest filled with the scent I loved only second to one other. A feather light kiss was pressed on my forehead, and I looked up, bleary-eyed, at the dark brown eyes of the man who held my heart.

"Come now, mon ange, you now I can't stand to see your tears. Do not stress so much. You will only hurt the bébé and yourself."

I nodded silently and wiped my tears, knowing he was right. Our little one needed me strong, and I would provide that as best I could.

Looking around the room at the sudden bright light, I saw Alicia had quietly left and opened the window to showcase the opulent surroundings of my home. I used to love that view. That is, until everything went down the drain and my dream of the perfect family was taken away from me.

"Mon ange," he whispered beside me, gathering my attention from the window. "Your papa wishes to speak with you."

"Did he say why?"

"Non, he just said it was important." I sighed once again, rubbing my face slowly.

"Well, then, I must face the day and get dressed, hmm?"

My husband smiled reassuringly, and after a quick kiss, I went to get dressed and face whatever my father wanted to say.

Little did I know that it would change everything.

***

A/N: AHHH!! I'm so excited you guys!!! I decided to make the unknown pov have a separate chapter every time I write it, and I gotta tell you, I am so excited for it. I can't wait for you guys to see how everything connects. These unknown chapters will always be much smaller than regular chapters, though so keep that in mind as the story progresses.

So, tell me, did you guys like it? What are some ideas you guys have of who it is?

Please do comment and vote, and I will see you guys soon!