Chapter 15 - Decorating and all that jazz

Chapter 15 – Decorating and all that jazz.

“No! That doesn’t go there Bill!” Isabelle gave a frustrated groan as she instructed Bill where everything needed to go in the kitchen. Aleigha had left her with specific instructions on what went into each cupboard and how it was to be displayed. Isabelle had it all on a sheet of paper in front of her and the boy’s just weren’t doing it right, “Bill, the big plates go in the cupboard on the left, not the right. The saucers go on the right along with the bowls.”

Bill whined, moving the plates over one cupboard. “Why did I agree to this? Moving in is hard. The shopping part was fun. But unpacking everything? And when are the trucks going to be here with all the new furniture?” he complained as he opened another box of new dishes to put away.

“You agreed to it, because you love your girlfriend and you want to make this as easy as possible so she doesn’t have any stress.” Isabelle reminded him as she started taking the groceries out of the bags and organizing them in the two door fridge in the kitchen. “God, this place is amazing.”

“She fell in love with it the second we walked in through the door.” Bill smiled at the memory from two days before. “Oh and the locksmith should be here any minute. We’re having all the locks changed. I’ll be getting keys made for everyone but only Aleigha and I will have keys to the sliding glass door. There won’t be any reason for anyone to use that.”

Isabelle chuckled, watching her sister’s boyfriend as he climbed up on the counter to reach the very top shelf, hiding the boxes up there out of the way. “The only time that door is even going to be used is when people are out there.” She said as she finished putting the last of the groceries away.

It had been two days since Aleigha had bought the place. And everyone had slowly started to move all of their stuff over. Each of them had chosen a room and everyone was pretty content. The only problem had been Isabelle’s parents. But because Isabelle was sixteen, almost seventeen, and was able to be out on her own if she so desired, they didn’t really have much of a choice.

Everyone was busy with their own things around the house. Carrying things from their cars and to their rooms while waiting for the trucks to show up with the furniture.

The last two days had been nothing but shopping for the new house and making appointments to have the locks changed and a security system installed. Aleigha had clearly thought everything out on her own and Isabelle couldn’t help but be amazed at how easily she was getting things done. But that was just how Aleigha is.

It gets done perfectly her way or not at all.

They had decided that instead of selling the boys house and bringing over all the furniture, they would keep it in case anyone needed to just be alone. This way they had somewhere they could go without worrying about the others bugging them. Which was smart.

They had all even decided that the furniture would stay. Everyone had gone out together and all ordered new furniture for their rooms. And the girls were having fun.

While the guys had spent most of the time looking at electronics, the girls had managed to find a way to make the house look pretty without having to go through the hassles of painting every room.

Instead they had picked up some pieces of art and some decals that you just peel off and stick to the wall. Everything was starting to come together nicely. They had even gone out and bought chairs for the back deck to lounge around on by the pool.

Everyone loved the house. Everything about it was perfect. 

Isabelle put the canvas grocery bags away-Aleigha hated using plastic, always saying they took up too much space-just as the doorbell rang.