A Small Crush

It was early. Too early. Jeremy hadn't slept a wink; he was slumped over in his computer chair, there was the gentle tapping of his sleep deprived fingers. A loud yawn escaped the blonde boy. Looking over at his clock, he winced slightly. It had been almost a week since they were locked out of the system, and nothing seemed to be going wrong in their world. Still determined to unlock the access to Lyoko, Jeremy hadn't been sleeping well. Crawling under the covers of his messy bed, he drifted off for what seemed like ten minutes. His alarm clock loudly beeped four times before his hand slammed down on the tiny device. Grunting, Jeremy groggily lifted his head from the soft pillow. A loud alert noise was coming from his computer. Eyes wide, he jumped up and sat down in his chair, almost falling.

“Xana.” He whispered. An activated tower alert was blinking on the screen. “SIFVE must've unlocked it.” Quickly dialing his phone, he called the group and told them to meet at the factory.

Meanwhile, the Lyoko girl was in massive amounts of trouble. Heading towards the activated tower, she was stopped by William. He pushed her to the ground and pinned her down. Lifting his body off of her, he lifted up his hefty weapon, bringing it down, it just about hit her when she flickered, then disappeared. He looked around, confused, grunting in irritation. A slight gasp caused William to turn around just as a rope of teal colored energy wrapped around him, locking him in place. She lifted the enemy into the air and forcefully drove him into the digital sea. A shock to the upper body knocked her to the ground. A block shot her down. Massive amounts of Xana's monsters seemed to be pouring out of nowhere.

Almost as if they could sense her need of assistance, Odd and Yumi virtualized in front of her, dropping to the ground. Ulrich soon followed.

“Where's Aelita?” SIFVE asked.

“She's here with me,” Jeremy replied, “I don't fully trust her around you.”

She grunted with disapproval. Quickly looking between Odd and Yumi, then Ulrich, she managed a faint smile. As a massive fight broke out, Aelita watched, worried for her friends.

“You know Jeremy, my father did give the SIFVE a name, I just never programmed it to her.”

“Why not Aelita? And while we're on the subject of her, why did you lie about not knowing her? What did you think would benefit from this?” The abrasive tone of his voice was very unsettling to her, almost bring tears to her eyes.

“How would you feel if your dad brought someone your age and gender into your life, without warning, treating them like their child. I felt replaced, Jeremy, I resent the SIFVE for almost taking daddy away from me.”

“She's a computer program, to protect you. Did you ever think that maybe your dad wanted you to have a friend on that lonely, desolate place? Aelita, your father may have created someone like you to keep you company while providing protection.”

What followed was complete silence as the pair watched the decrease in the amount of monsters.

“Mina.” Aelita quietly whispered into the open.

“What?”