Chapter 43

The group appeared in the center of a concrete paved road, looking around seeing that they are in a "no exit" street that turns into a key. Vechs looked at the sign to his right.

"Kuhn?" Vechs asked, and the queen sighed.

"Of course. Kuhn Cresent, Niagara Falls Ontario. We are not far from where they are presenting the diamond." The queen said, the group of Mindcrackers going completely silent.

Avidya looked to the sky and gasped, turning to the rest of his friends.

"We better seek shelter! And fast!" He informed, and Guude looked at him.

"Why?" Guude asked. Avidya pointed to the sky, the rest of them glancing at where he was pointing. The smog has found them.

They haven't seen the smog since Germany, and it was managed to make its way here, to Canada.

"Shit! Where can we go?" Bdoubs asked, Eis looking around for a possible explanation. She then saw a house to their right and down the street that had a for sale sign.

Knowing that no one lives there, the princess startdd running towards it. Of course, the rest followed. They opened the door and went inside, Jsano closing it as soon as he could.

"Close all windows and shut all doors! We cannot afford for the smog to get in! Or we're all goners!" Eis ordered, and the Mindcrackers nodded, splitting up.

Sev, Chad, Coe, and Aurey went upstairs, seeing many opened windows and doors for the summer time, in which was approaching just like the smog.

Coe entered a room just as the smog approached, seeing many of Niagara Falls' citizens get effected by the deadly gas. Coe bolted the window shut right as it covered the house they were in.

Sev ran into a room with four windows beightly opened, closing them and bolting them as fast as he could. As the smog hit, Sev was just reaching the last window.

The smog partiaclly got into the room, almost catching Sev on the arm. But he had no way of closing the window. Sev, panicking, looked around the room to find something to block the smog from entering the house.

Unfortunately, he didn't see anything. The smog entered the room and came towards the door, Sev backing up slowly until he was at the door frame.

He noticed the rooms door wasn't properly put in, the door larger then it was supposed to be. He then looked to his left, seeing a bookshelf on wheels that looked so easy to move.

Sev knew what he had to do.

'If the smog gets loose, it's game over...' Sev ran over to the book shelf and started to push it, closing the door. His friends banged on the door and called his name, but Sev had already made up his mind. Sev bolt locked the door and pushed the bookshelf in front of the cracks.

He turned towards the smog as it came closer.

"SEV?! SEV?!" Coe called from the other side.

"I'm here Coe." Sev answered.

"What are you doing?" Chad asked, and Sev sighed.

"The smog got in... I did the only responsible thing I thought I could do." Sev answered.

"Are you insane?! The smog'll get you!" Aurey shouted, and Sev bowed his head.

"It's better if it's just me... it could have soreaded through the house-" Sev felt the coldness of the smog start to wrap around him. He knew this was his final place.

"Sev...?" Aurey asked, and Sev closed his eyes sadly.

"I'm... I'm sorry..." Sev said as he walked forwards, disappearing in the blackness of the smog. There was more bangs.

"SEV?! SEV!!" Coe shouted, continuing to bang. Coe looked to his friends and shook his head.

"No... Sev he..." Aurey was terrified.
==========================

The Mindcrack group met up in the massive basement, only waiting upon Chad, Coe, Sev, and Aurey.

They made their way down the stairs sadly and without Sev. Guude looked at them.

"Where's Sev?" Guude asked.

"There were so many windows and not enough time..." Aurey sobbed, and Guude walked up to them.

"What happened? What do you mean, not enough time?" Guude asked again.

"Guude... Sev... he... he berricaded the door. He... didn't have enough time to prevent the smog from getting in..." Coe informed, and the room got deathly silent.

"Dammit... he thought... better one of us then all of us..." Chad said, and Eis cleared her throat.

"Then we must act quickly." Eis said, and the queen looked to her wrist. She looked, confused.

"Mum?" Eis asked, and the queen looked at her.

"I... I have something weird to inform you all." The Queen said, and everyone gathered around her. There was a map of the world, with three multicolored dots appearing in Europe.

Blue and Red, Orange and Green, and Black and Blue. Kurt, Zisteau, and Pak.

"Pak... Kurt, Z, their in... Europe?" Guude asked, and the queen nodded. Baj took a closer look, his eyes widening after a while.

"That's not just Europe. Thats the UK!" Baj informed. Everyone looked to him.

"Their in England. London England." Baj said, and the room went silent. Is this game of mouse and cat finished? Or has it only juat begun?