I TAKE IT BACK

WARNING: MAYBE KINDA CRINGEY END
Ship: Parkomi
Scene: Outside Naomi's house, Valley Park
POV: Parker

It's been a year or so ever since we broke up. It's now Winter, once again. The scene keeps replaying in my mind like a broke record.

I admitted that I regretted leaving her before I left her in Valley Park. I hid behind a tree and waited for her to leave too. But she didn't. I could hear her break down into tears. Crying and crying. It broke my heart.

But.. it was all for the best, right? I had to leave her. She had friends. And they hated me. It was just like Ray said. They would be better at protecting her than I ever could. We wouldn't last long. He was right about that too. And today was the day I visited my aunt. I decided to visit her too. The girl who was different from all the others I've known.

I stood outside Naomi's house and heared shouts and laughter reverberate in the air. It sounded like the guys were in there with Naomi and her family.

"Jordan, don't finish aIl the cookies Marisa made!" I think that was Declan and Bennett.

"Don't leave crumbs everywhere Bennett!"

"It wasn't me, it was Raymond!"

"Huuh!?"

"Nomi, I swear it wasn't me!"

Nomi?

I could hear what sounded like Ray and another guy. Ray told me that there was a new student. What was he called again? Dominic? Yeah, I think. Perhaps that's him. They all sounded like they were getting along well.

"Stop messing up my place!" Someone screeched. It was Naomi.

I pulled down my skarf a little and I exhaled a misty cloud that rose into the cold, night sky. Why did I even bother walking here? It's not like she'll welcome me. I was about to turn on my heel when I heard the door open.

"..Parker?"

I turned around slowly and nodded in reply.

"It's been a long time, Naomi."

She shifted uncomfortably. The spectacled girl asked with suspicion in her voice. "What are you doing here?"

"It's nothing," I lied. I began walking away.

After some time, I finally reached it. Valley Park. The same place where it happened. I lost TD here. Spent time with Naomi when she was drunk and sober. And finally, a confession of my sin.

I sat on the swing, swinging myself back and fro slowly. I looked up at the moon. Reaching my hand out towards it before pulling it back. I miss her. She was so special. A snowflake rested on my nose. She's always on my mind even in boarding school.

I wish I never did such a horrible thing. But I did like her. I did. I truly did. I fell for 'Nerdy Naomi' when I realised how special she was. But she wants nothing to do with me. She told that to me after all. She doesn't want anything to happen.

My vision became clouded. Glistening tears ran down my cheeks. I shouldn't have accepted the dare. I stopped swinging myself and burried my face deeper into my skarf. I still love her. But she probably doesn't feel the same way. She's happier with the Three Musketeers beside her. I clenched my fists and wiped my tears away. Why am I crying?

I exhaled another cloud and looked down at my feet as I began to swing myself again.

Footsteps could be heard behind me. "Parker!" Her voice rang in my head.

I turned around to see her standing behind me. She wore the same clothes from last Christmas. Same coat and same jeans. "Naomi?"

She was panting, breathing hard while cleaning her glasses. Naomi slipped them back onto her face and stared at me.

I sat in silence and continued rocking myself back and forth. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"I don't know."

A moment of silence.

"You hate me now, right? You'll never trust me again." I gripped the chains tighter as I continued. "So why are you here?"

She slapped the back of my head. I turned around and saw anger and frustration burning in her eyes. But something else too. I couldn't tell what it was.

I gave her a small smile and rubbed my head. "What was that for?"

I suddenly remembered the time when she hit me on the head while I was being tutored. She made me Math smarter. I grinned at the thought.

"I'll never forgive you for what you did, Parker O'Neil," she hissed with eyes narrowed. Naomi mumbled words I thought I would never hear.

"But I miss you."

My eyes widenned and I sat there in silence. I could only hear the sound of her footsteps trailing away. Softer. And softer.

I took out the small plastic bag wrapped in my coat. It was the from the candy shop we had visited last year during a date. I couldn't help but smile at it.

Maybe I do have another chance to try again.

I got up and ran towards her silhouette and gave her a hug.

Naomi intertwined her fingers with mine and we stood in the snow, watching snowflakes flutter by.

I still love you, Naomi. Thank you for giving me another chance.